Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

A nice Officer's parade tunic.

Article about: Just thought I would post a few picture's of this one for you to see. Its in lovely condition and all the insignia is still bright. I still get a buzz when getting a new parade tunic like th

Default A nice Officer's parade tunic.

Just thought I would post a few picture's of this one for you to see. Its in lovely condition and all the insignia is still bright. I still get a buzz when getting a new parade tunic like this, just hoping beyond all hope that no one else has checked the hidden pocket on the rear flap of the jacket and finding a hidden item.
    I'm pleased to see that these tunics are gradually climbing in value, for years people were just not interested in them but now they are a more sought after piece of kit.
    Hope you like the pictures.
    D.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A nice Officer's parade tunic.   A nice Officer's parade tunic.  

A nice Officer's parade tunic.   A nice Officer's parade tunic.  

A nice Officer's parade tunic.   A nice Officer's parade tunic.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A nice Officer's parade tunic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A nice Officer's parade tunic.

Very nice waffenrock. My first tunic ever was an infantry NCO waffenrock which I bought for $12.00 in 1957 out of the back room of a used book store. a former gebersjaeger who worked for me told me the men used to call these "circus uniforms."
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Excellent tunic here - I bought my first one of these only about a month ago and they display very well

Robbie

?

Very nice D, thanks for sharing. Regarding finding hidden items in coat pockets etc, I recently found out that one of the museums in Prague that has a display of the para's clothing worn during the assassination of Reinhard Heydrich, found an old tram ticket that he had used just a day before the killing. It was hidden in the pocket for the best part of 70 years...incredible to think that nobody had thought to search the pockets thoroughly before then.

Regards,

Carl

Thanks for showing. I love these rocks.
    Also for a high rank (major).
    I am about to buy my first oberst infantry waffenrock soon
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Not a uniform collector I'm afraid (no room so I keep to the small stuff like insignia & badges) but this is one of the best officer quality embroided breast eagles I have ever seen! Look at the beautiful detail (particularly the head) on this bird....

JC

?

Great tunic. Very good condition.

You're right about the 'circus uniform' nickname. In fact they called it the 'Sarrazini uniform' from the name of Berlin's best known circus. It has got this name because it was nearly as tight fitting as the Circus' master of ceremony's uniform. I've been told that soldiers both loved and hated it : of course it was stunning, bu at the same time it was highly uncomfortable.

Cheers

When I was new to collecting I recieved one of these from a clothing salesmen in 1974. It was an infantry leutnant of the Volksturm judging by the brown farbe eagle.

Cheers and great find,

-Jaeger

Nice one. Mohr & Speyer was a premier tailor. During the Kaiserreich, they were a Hoflieferant-- an official supplier to the Kaiser.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”