Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

And now for something completely different

Article about: Hi Guys, apologies to "Monty Python" for the thread title, but this is an item which I think illustrates very well what happened to many German uniforms and also how hard times wer

Default And now for something completely different

Hi Guys, apologies to "Monty Python" for the thread title, but this is an item which I think illustrates very well what happened to many German uniforms and also how hard times were in war torn post war Europe in the mid to late 1940's.

I could not resist buying this waistcoat for £30 on one of my trips to Arnhem. It is made from multiple peices of German uniforms. There are several different peices of Feldgrau cloth, plus different shades of rayon cloth and HBT material. I love the use of a Zeltbahn for the lining.

I suspect it was used by a farmer, as I found peices of wheat in the pockets plus the usual traces of tobacco.

The construction is very proffesionally done.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture And now for something completely different   And now for something completely different  

And now for something completely different   And now for something completely different  

And now for something completely different   And now for something completely different  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement And now for something completely different
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: And now for something completely different

Reversible waistcoat
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

That's a unique piece Adrian. Lot's of stuff found a new life after the war, I allready saw two German helmets who where converted into chamber pots...

Good find Ade, waste not want not eh!
    Ben

Ade-
    What an interesting item. In the early 70's, a friend of mine was traveling in Greece. He stopped with his wife for a bite to eat at a rural roadside cafe. There were tables in the rear where they went to eat. He found a fence constructed from over 400 German helmets! As his wife worked for T W A, he was able to ship all of them home for free. He got them for $1.00 each!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

thats a great find ade, rgds dave