Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinion on these panzer skulls please

Article about: Acquired 12 years ago via ebay, from a "guy that traveled to Germany". 44 bucks or so. I can find no matching example claimed as real or fake here. They are marked "GB 44"

?

Default opinion on these panzer skulls please

Acquired 12 years ago via ebay, from a "guy that traveled to Germany". 44 bucks or so. I can find no matching example claimed as real or fake here. They are marked "GB 44", which probably means Great Britain or such, thereby sealing their fate and ranking high among my lost of f-ups wrt to this stuff. .

Still, hope springs eternal, albeit somewhat jaded now. The rear is odd for having only 2 pins, which are somewhat sharp/rounded. An example confirmed here had three flat prongs that were sharp.

Thanks for any thoughts and opinions.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on these panzer skulls please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion on these panzer skulls please
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinion on these panzer skulls please

Quote by drdata View Post
    The rear is odd for having only 2 pins, which are somewhat sharp/rounded. An example confirmed here had three flat prongs that were sharp.
    Detail looks soft too

schnellmann
    ?

I have shown this Skull on THIS forum, and the consensus is that they are ok. Look at the diff- and you decide.
    Attached Images Attached Images opinion on these panzer skulls please  opinion on these panzer skulls please 

I cannot say I am crazy about these... But I hesitate to call them outright fake at the moment. But the rather crude lugs do give me real cause for concern.

"GB" is a legimate wartime insignia maker, but I do not know if they made these? Being made of steel (showing rust) would also be another concern. By 1944 most insignia was made from zink with a silver wash finish.

Hi Bob, yours is fine, but it is not a Panzer collar skull. It is a cap badge.

Cheers, Ade.

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I cannot say I am crazy about these... But I hesitate to call them outright fake at the moment. But the rather crude lugs do give me real cause for concern.

"GB" is a legimate wartime insignia maker, but I do not know if they made these? Being made of steel (showing rust) would also be another concern. By 1944 most insignia was made from zink with a silver wash finish.

Hi Bob, yours is fine, but it is not a Panzer collar skull. It is a cap badge.

Cheers, Ade.
    Yes, I know mine is SS. I mainly was showing the diff in the back. I have never seen a back like his. Is that a legit confirmation ? (the prongs)

Edge prongs are found on original Panzer collar tab insignia. Here is one from my collection. As you can see, three fine tapered prongs

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on these panzer skulls please   opinion on these panzer skulls please  

schnellmann
    ?

I have been collecting Nazi relics for over 53 years. But I sold all my things (worth a fortune on todays' market!) In the early 70's for a profit - I just got back into it 5-6 years ago. I mostly collected medals and knives & swords. So there is a lot I never learned. I wish I had never gotten out of it. I once owned an original Grand Order of the EK with it's box. Wanna see an old foto of it?

?

Got to say, there is some very nice detail to Ade's. Still, the GB 44 mark must hold the story. I would think a faker would put SS runes and a RZM, for example. I could always tell myself the "44" means late war, and materials had gone to....

?

Just a bump to perhaps catch any more opinions.

Also, no opinions yet on another skull, perhaps as its in the imperial forum, which I think is the best place:

can you ID this skull? Hussar or Uhlan?

Thanks for looking.

Cheers

Look like poor repros to me! I don't like them being made of steel, I don't like the prongs and I just don't like them.

VonBond

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast