Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

opinion on these panzer skulls please

Article about: Acquired 12 years ago via ebay, from a "guy that traveled to Germany". 44 bucks or so. I can find no matching example claimed as real or fake here. They are marked "GB 44"

Default Re: opinion on these panzer skulls please

Nothing wrong with that skull, G.B is a known insignia maker.
    Look at this Edelweiss. The details are ok.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on these panzer skulls please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinion on these panzer skulls please
    P
    Many

?

@carlsson, thanks for posting that insignia. does give their rusty souls a bit of hope, I suppose. Any idea if the "40" is supposed to be a year?

Hard to predict what goes through the mind of a faker. Made up runes, rzm codes, etc, but perhaps there is some legal reason they make such "mistakes". Obviously "GB" is not a big maker of skull insignia (if at all). If I were to make repros I would model them after some common variant, but maybe that is their game-hard to compare them to known makes.

Most of the rust is on the inside, and we could just call it patina.

Regards

I agree that GB is a maker of TR metal insignia, I have 3 pith shields made by them, with mm and date, but I also have a bad fake luft flak badge with the same GB mark and a date.
    Lots of fake insignia is mm and dated or RZM'd, so you have to judge the object and I still think these skulls look wrong, being made of the wrong metal and having the wrong shape pins, when compared to originals I've seen or owned.
    Obviously just my opinion, but if these were for sale today, I don't think many would pay for them as 'real' and would choose to go for a more 'normal' pair.

VB

generally the panzer skull fake's are easy to detect. The fakers are more oriented to SS regalia and all kind of award badges which is more lucrative of course.
    Yes the "40" is the year of production. Look at this edelweiss from 1941. And see for yourself how PSkulls look like from behind.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on these panzer skulls please   opinion on these panzer skulls please  

opinion on these panzer skulls please   opinion on these panzer skulls please  

Attached Images Attached Images opinion on these panzer skulls please 

Hi carlson1982,
    Thats some nice skulls and eidelweiss you have shown.
    But none of the skulls look anything like the ones that started this thread, all yours have the type of pins you would expect to see and are not made of steel, I think, whereas the ones originaly posted have those horrible edge tabs. You posted a set with edge tabs and they have the shape you would expect from TR originals, which are totaly unlike the type shown on the thread starting set.
    Just my opinion,

VB

?

I agree, not ideal. Pretty sure they are bad, just not 100%, but nothing ever is. Seems like one set of the "good" skulls posted also showed some rust on the inside.

Thanks all.

Those edge prongs exists on originals. Wenn I come across a pic I'll send it.

Here you have a Panzer skull in used condition from the same maker in 1938 tough.
    Your skull is original, like I already stated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture opinion on these panzer skulls please   opinion on these panzer skulls please  

?

Thanks for posting Carlsson. Really appreciate it. Do you happen to know if those are magnetic (steel)? Mine are magnetic.

The detail on your obverse is great, and the tabs are a bit different in their attachment, and sadly missing so cannot see their degree of pointy-ness. I suppose much could change between 38 and 44 though.

Cheers mate

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2