Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinion on these shoulderboards

Article about: Hi, Im looking for some shoulderboards for my M40 jacket. I think i found some but im new into uniforms so i like to know if these are good one? Thanks for you time

?

Default Re: Opinion on these shoulderboards

Ok thanks.

What do you mean with shoulderstrap? like shoulderboards? (can you maybe give me a example)
    Are some like these any good? (ofcouse original ones) Epic Militaria > WW2 German Field Grey Shoulder Boards
    for what is this jacket used? just as combat jacket like a M40 or some?

And if i take a zeltbahn you cant see anything of that Drillichrock i think thats a shame

Thanks for you time

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinion on these shoulderboards
    P
    Many

Hello,

Here's the text that comes with the shoulderstraps in the link that you provided :

"Reproduction German army shoulder boards in Field Grey with White piping as worn by German Infantry soldiers in WW2"

and price :

Our Price: £6.95

I think this answer your question about originality...

When it's for EM or NCO, i always call them shoulderstraps as they're soft
    For Officer, i call them shoulderboards as they're rigid....maybe i'm wrong, but i think i wont change it...

The Drillichrock was used for fatigue, drill and work, it was also worn above the Feldbluse in autumn for extra warm or to preserve it and was worn in combat during summertime, replacing the Feldbluse.

I'm sorry if i dont agree with you concerning the Zeltbahn thing. Right now, your Drillichrock can be used this way of course, but for an unrealistic result....no one has ever seen a period photo that shows a second pattern Drillichrock that had all pockets flaps removed as one and only damage....so the Zeltbahn thing is not so silly as it will hide the missing parts but will show the interesting ones like the collar, the sleeves (if you roll up the Zelt) or even the bottom of the Drillichrock if you roll up correctly the Zelt...there are many way to adjust a Zeltbahn in order to show what is underneath. I'm talking to you about wearing a Zelt as a camo garment, no as a rain poncho....do you see the difference ?
    In this case a Zelt or even a camo smock is the best mean to enhance a Drillichrock or a Feldbluse with issues...i've done it for years.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

?

No you dont understand me

I mean are those shoulderboards placed on a Drillichrock (its for example)
    Or other type of shoulderboards?

Grts

Ahhh, OK......some shoulderstraps were made of the same "HBT" cloth than the Drillichrock, to be worn on it, but their production was limited and wool shoulderstraps were usually worn...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Ok im taking a look for a Zeltbahn. still not a great fan of it
    Do you maybe have a picture? So I can see how you did it.

Thanks

Hello,
    Here you go....Zeltbahn worn as a camo garment over a third pattern Drillichrock, as you can see, sleeves, collar and bottom of the Drillichrock are visible...and you can roll up the Zelt more on the sleeves to make them visible to the shoulder...as often seen on period photos.
    My Grenadier is offering a "Prince Albert" cigarette to a fellow soldier...Normandie, July 1944...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Alright that looks pretty nice. And thats made from such a large Zeltbahn (like the photo?)

Thanks

yes of course, exactly the same size...

In Memoriam :

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2