Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!

Article about: Very nice indeed ! Keep collecting them, I just love these items! Here are my babies Nick

Default Re: OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!

Very nice indeed ! Keep collecting them, I just love these items! Here are my babies
    Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!  OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!  OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!! 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!
    P
    Many

Nice pieces. However, the cloth insignia has been trimmed along the edges. This may detract from value for some. But it may be a period modification though not an official type of thing. I have seen neatly trimmed Edelweiss patches on uniforms no doubt modified by the individual. And the metal devices are sometimes put onto dark green backing. Good stuff. NH

Thanks Ade. Nick that's a wonderful collection you got there. I thought that you were only an EK collector. Neil you are right about the trimmed edges. Also the colors are faded. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be like that though. It looks like the 4th from the left in Nick's collection.
    The piece i received is different from the one showed initially by the seller. He said that he found 3-4 different types of Edelweiss in mint condition in this box. He had many left so he picked one and sent it to me. If i remember correctly i got the cloth and metal one for 20 euros each.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!   OPINIONS needed for Edelweiss insignia!!!!  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Nice clean originals,,,i like the edelweiss...

Hi Robert. Thanks

Cap badge is good. Looking at the makers mark i'd say a Gustav Brehmer. Stewy

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Cap badge is good. Looking at the makers mark i'd say a Gustav Brehmer. Stewy
    Hey Stewy thanks for your input

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Very nice indeed ! Keep collecting them, I just love these items! Here are my babies
    Nick
    I know nothing about Edelweiss but it looks like I have a sleeve patch coming my way in a lot of WWII pieces I just purchased. It looks just like the one in Nicks photo, top right and also appears to never have been sewn on. Someone collected it while in Europe during the war and taped it into a scrap book, along with several other items.

On the assumption that what I will be receiving is WWII period and in mint condition, my question is, do these patches have any real value at all as I most likely will be getting rid of it, it's not what my son collects?

Thanks for the help.

Russ & Son

Quote by MySonsDad View Post
    I know nothing about Edelweiss but it looks like I have a sleeve patch coming my way in a lot of WWII pieces I just purchased. It looks just like the one in Nicks photo, top right and also appears to never have been sewn on. Someone collected it while in Europe during the war and taped it into a scrap book, along with several other items.

On the assumption that what I will be receiving is WWII period and in mint condition, my question is, do these patches have any real value at all as I most likely will be getting rid of it, it's not what my son collects?

Thanks for the help.

Russ & Son
    Hi Russ & son

If you mean top pic, top right you have an SS Gebirgsjager patch worth around 100 Euros. The other examples dont command lots of money , maybe around 30 - 50 Euros.

If you are refereing to the middle pic you have a BeVo example

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Hi Russ & son

If you mean top pic, top right you have an SS Gebirgsjager patch worth around 100 Euros. The other examples dont command lots of money , maybe around 30 - 50 Euros.

If you are refereing to the middle pic you have a BeVo example

Nick
    Yes Nick, I believe we are talking the same item, the top right patch on the top image in post #12. 100 Euros, that's about $136 USD, not bad. I'll post photos when I rec've it to get opinion on authenticity although I'm 99% sure its a good piece judging from the other items it is bundled with.

Thanks for the help....

Russ & Son

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast