Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions on this Reichswehr tunic...

Article about: Hi all. I'm looking for opinions on this (what appears to be) a Reichswehr tunic. Disregard the arm band, we all know it doesn't belong with this tunic. Thanks! Dzyner

I think the tunic itself is good. As for the adler and swaz being backwards. Maybe this was intentional as he could have been a member of the White Rose or Edelweiss Pirates anti Nazi movements? and was intentionally done so? I'm serious on the first 6 words of this post, the rest; not so much. Enjoy the thought though.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this Reichswehr tunic...
    P
    Many

?

Here is a period photo of a siberian cossack with eagle swas pointing wrong direction. I had to hastly google for a pic, my entire picture base is on a seperate hardrive after my cats pissed on my laptop.

Added: There are better pics online of this Siberian were the revert swas is much clearer, i just had to post asap before i forgot about it.
    Attached Images Attached Images Opinions on this Reichswehr tunic... 
    Last edited by TrondK; 06-03-2018 at 08:27 AM. Reason: added detail

?

Thanks for the post TrondK. I came across this slightly cleaner photo in a Google search. You're right, definitely applied backward just like the tunic I posted.

Opinions on this Reichswehr tunic...

?

I have always played with the thought of the Siberian cossack in the pic had on purpose sewn the eagle the wrong way as private little "protest" against 3th reich.
    Seeing your example enables me to put that speculation to rest- finally.

Regarding rarety, i would say it is a miracle at all that a jacket with a revert eagle exsists at all, meaning i would guess many would replace a wrongly facing eagle asap, especially after the famous 20th july 44 bbq when adolf got his mustache lightly roasted and started hunting any&all opponents of 3th reich.

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I have always played with the thought of the Siberian cossack in the pic had on purpose sewn the eagle the wrong way as private little "protest" against 3th reich. Seeing your example enables me to put that speculation to rest- finally.
    It's impossible to say why they were sewn on backwards, but knowing that some breast eagles were mirror images on the back side, it is understandable to the untrained eye (or lazy individual) why this would happen simply by mistake.

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I would say it is a miracle at all that a jacket with a reverse eagle exsists at all, meaning i would guess many would replace a wrongly facing eagle asap, especially after the famous 20th july 44 bbq when adolf got his mustache lightly roasted and started hunting any&all opponents of 3th reich.
    The Germans had impeccable attention to detail (for the most part). One only needs to look at dagger quality, and other strict adherence to standards to see this. So I'm guessing it DID get noticed, but the ones that survived the war (such as the one on my tunic) were owned by lazy individuals who simply didn't care and didn't have officers above them who cared enough to enforce it, or officers who didn't have anyone above them that cared enough to make them fix it. After all, there was a war going on and it does seem pretty trivial to worry about a backward eagle versus the enemy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2