Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!

Article about: Hey guys, there is an auction in two days (6/24/2012) that has this grouping that belonged to a Luftwaffe Flak NCO. The grouping consist of the tunic, sidecap, visor cap, and original photo

Default Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!

Hey guys, there is an auction in two days (6/24/2012) that has this grouping that belonged to a Luftwaffe Flak NCO. The grouping consist of the tunic, sidecap, visor cap, and original photo of the NCO himself. I tried to send in an absentee bid on the entire grouping, but I was told that the pieces are being separated and auctioned off! I am greatly disturbed that these pieces are being taken away from each other. Unfortunately I do not have the money to win each piece separately in order to keep the grouping together, so I have decided not to even attempt a bid. I am hoping that the same individual wins these items so the grouping can remain together. This is a rare grouping and it would be a shame to ruin it by separating the pieces. If any of you are interested in the auction and have the resources to win each piece then send me a PM and I will send you a link to the auction website.

I strongly feel that these items should stay together. So good luck to anybody who attempts to save them.

Regards,

Corey
    Attached Images Attached Images Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated! 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!

Unfortunately, I do not collect LW.. but if I did, I would most certainly buy the lot, just to keep it from being separated. What a shame if that is going to happen
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

The caps are not NCO's issue but are officer's caps. This throws the whole "group" into some doubt in my eyes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The caps are not NCO's issue but are officer's caps. This throws the whole "group" into some doubt in my eyes.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thank you for the info Ade, The information given by the cosigner to the auction house must have been incorrect. That is a relief for me, I may actually try to bid on that sidecap or tunic. Just a question, Is that bar worn on the left breast a Czech conquest ribbon?

Regards, Corey

Hi Corey, you are correct on the ribbon.

There could be a slim chance the guy served as an NCO then was Commissioned. But I somehow doubt it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Surely he was a fernsprecker (signals) not flak, as he has a signals patch on his sleeve and the collar tabs and collar piping look more brown than red on my screen?

And I cant see any branch coloured piping on his shoulder boards.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

All looks like Signals brown waffenfarbe to me, collar tabs and boards.

Cheers, Ade.

This picture is not very good, but they appeared to be red to me, my mistake. The patch is for a radio operator? What is the current price for this tunic, and also the side cap?

Corey

I won the officer sidecap for $210
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!   Original Luftwaffe grouping being seperated!  

?

A nice acquisition.