Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Out of the woodwork artillery tunic.

Article about: Hey gang! I got a call about a German jacket last week. I meet the gentleman today and bought this. Got a little salt but seems to be 100% original to me. Oberwachtmeister???

Default Out of the woodwork artillery tunic.

Hey gang!

I got a call about a German jacket last week. I meet the gentleman today and bought this. Got a little salt but seems to be 100% original to me. Oberwachtmeister???

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of the woodwork artillery tunic.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Out of the woodwork artillery tunic.

Hi, i actually dont dislike it.
    Any stamps on it?
    What happened around the 377?

I couldn't find any marks in it. It looks like the number insignia has oxidized.

"Das Artillerie-Regiment 377 wurde am 5. März 1942 bei Le Mans in Frankreich aufgestellt. Das Regiment wurde durch die 7. Armee mit Personalabgaben für Aufstellungsstäbe aufgestellt. Dabei wurde die I. Abteilung vom Regiment aus der III. Abteilung vom Artillerie-Regiment 332 gebildet. Die 7. und 8. Batterie wurden aus der 6. Batterie vom Artillerie-Regiment 384 gebildet. Die IV. Abteilung vom Regiment wurde aus Abgaben vom Wehrkreis XII gebildet. Nach der Aufstellung wurde das Regiment der 377. Infanterie-Division unterstellt. Das Regiment gliederte sich in vier Abteilungen mit insgesamt 11 Batterien, davon zwei Werfer-Batterien. Im Juni 1944 wurde das Regiment mit der Division an die Ostfront verlegt. Im Februar 1943 wurde das Regiment bei Woronesh vernichtet." -Lexikon der Wehrmacht

The unit was created on March 5th, 1942, in Le Mans, France. I will translate more when I have time.
    Last edited by ObKrieger; 06-25-2013 at 09:05 PM.

It a Spiess!
    Great tunic!
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

the man was well decorated possible german cross.

He must have served with other units previously if the unit was not formed until 42, as it has one of the flower wars medals on it and as it is a OR's piped rock correctly known as an Ausgeheroch and with 8 buttons it should date to before October 1928 and has almost certainly been converted from a Rock, the issue tunic from the Weimar period unless it is the pre 1927 version.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

It is a good looking piece.

Hi

Nice original tunic, I believe it is a m1928 walking out tunic of the reichswehr that has been carried over for use during ww2. he has the speiss tresse and also the tresse in RW fashion around the top of the tunic collar.

The 1928 pattern tunic was for parade and walking out use only and had eight buttons as opposed to six on the combat tunic issued the same year. These were also private purchase a lot of the time look carefully on the lining but you may not find any unit markings and that is still ok. the style was with the bottom pockets inside and the slanted outer flaps, plus waffen fabre up the front and tun up cuffs. very nice congrats.

cheers
    tony

Hi

after another look the tresse is the post 1936 with cross pattern and made from aluminium thread rather than german silver. I guess if this is period addition then he was promoted sometime in the late 1930's ? as the army expanded and the owner was a rw 12 year volunteer then this is very plausible. Only speculation but why not ? as mo showed the unit he was in was established later again supports the idea maybe he was a professional who provided the cadre for unit formation...............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast