Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 Waffenrock

Article about: Continuing to play around in the war room tonight. This tunic hasn't seen the light of day in many years, so I decided to enjoy it on a torso form than let it hide in the closet forever. Pan

TWS
    ?

Default Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 Waffenrock

Continuing to play around in the war room tonight. This tunic hasn't seen the light of day in many years, so I decided to enjoy it on a torso form than let it hide in the closet forever. Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 was initially the anti-tank battalion of the 13. Infanterie Division which was stood up in October of 1934. Their home station was Magdeburg. The battalion was composed of 3 anti-tank and 1 machine gun company. The division became motorized in 1939. In October of 1940, Panzer Regiment 4 was added to the division and each Infantry Regiment gave up their 3rd battalion and the division became the 13. Panzer Division. The Abteilung was also renamed Panzerjäger-Abteilung 13. It eventually was fully equipped with three companies of Marder II self-propelled anti-tank guns (75mm). Unfortunately I know nothing about this Gefreiter other than he plunked down his hard-earned Reichsmarks and bought himself a private purchase Rock in Leipzig. Like many uniforms sold by the families, this one suffers from "ripped out name tag syndrome". I understand them protecting their privacy, but come on, that entire generation was in uniform. Marder II photo courtesy of the Bundesarchiv.
    Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 WaffenrockPanzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 Waffenrock
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer-Abwehr Abteilung 13 Waffenrock
    P
    Many

I like the look of the war room! Does it double as the man cave or is that in the garage with the Corvette?

Very nice.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Another great parade/waffenrock

TWS
    ?

Quote by carpediem View Post
    I like the look of the war room! Does it double as the man cave or is that in the garage with the Corvette?
    I wish. My war room is too small. Over the years I've been in some friend's war rooms that were great set ups with a couch, TV, computer desk etc. but mine has none of those amenities. I want to put a comfy chair in there so I can read history books surrounded by my collection, but as of yet I have failed to do that. As you know, I can only display a fraction of my uniform collection at a time, so space is at a premium.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Some of us are stuck in the old 10'x11' room. however Todd....there are a few collectors I know that don't even have that. It is what it is !!
    D. Nice tunic by the way

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Some of us are stuck in the old 10'x11' room. however Todd....there are a few collectors I know that don't even have that. It is what it is !!
    D. Nice tunic by the way
    Yes indeed. Mine's about a 10' x 15', maybe only 10' x 14' - I'd have to measure. From 2003 - 2017 I was one of those with no war room at all. Everything was packed away out of sight and it was split between two entirely different locations. Then I sort of got permission/sort of just did it by taking over what had formerly been the guest bedroom. I'm hoping that may help prevent my mother-in-law from coming over from Europe again for another 6-month visit like she has twice in the past.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."