Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic

Article about: I picked this nice early Reichswehr style officer's 4 pocket tunic up recently, the boards give the unit away, which is Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9, which was the Reconnaissance arm of th

Default Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic

I picked this nice early Reichswehr style officer's 4 pocket tunic up recently, the boards give the unit away,
    which is Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9, which was the Reconnaissance arm of the 9th Panzer Division.

Tunic is for an Oberleutnant, but for some reason, the two pips had been removed, but I found and added
    a nice gilt pair of pips to restore it back to the rank of Oberleutnant.

The jacket has a superbly toned down early breast eagle with a high silver content, which has tarnished down
    over the years with a very nice aged patina now.

Only loops are for a short ribbon bar, which I have added (it didn't come with the jacket), my guess is that this
    officer was possibly badly wounded or perhaps killed in the very early stages of WW2, and this jacket stayed in
    a cupboard for the remainder of the war. (just theorizing).

This is how I found the tunic....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic   Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic   Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic   Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic
    P
    Many

And with the two pips that have replaced the missing originals....
    (gilt is a bit brighter than the other insignias but they will tone down in time).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic   Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

And a little bit of background history on Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9....

Very Nice! Excellent condition. Bob

And in case there are doubters that think the unit should have golden yellow Waffenfarbe, they probably did, but they certainly
    used 'Rosa' at one stage, this Other Ranks Shoulder strap is photographed in Scott Pritchett's book on Panzer uniforms in Volume
    1. (page 369). I think possibly the II./Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 used Rosa early on....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 9 Reichswehr style officer 4 pocket tunic  

Nice early tunic. I like it.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Really a nice tunic; I like the RW models so much.