Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer collar tabs

Article about: Hi, I would like input on variations of panzer collar tabs. I am aware of many variations, some being very unique. Where any panzer tabs not piped? And what about a piece of red felt under t

Default Panzer collar tabs

Hi, I would like input on variations of panzer collar tabs. I am aware of many variations, some being very unique. Where any panzer tabs not piped? And what about a piece of red felt under the skull to make it look like the eyes of the skull are red? Where these made like this, or added by the solider, or was this never practiced during the war, and made after the fact,being fantasy and fake? Thanks for any input.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer collar tabs
    P
    Many

?

Pictures or examples would / may help in you endeavor... G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Skulls applied direct to the collar with piping would be unusual.

Red felt behind the eyes was done by individuals and was not widespread and of course non regulation.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi everyone, hi Ade, Ive been looking forward to hearing from you, Im new here and it seems you are the go to guy for much info. I guess what I was asking about was the collar tab itself being unpiped. I don't know If Ive ever seen panzer collar tabs not piped. Were there any versions during the war that were not piped? Thanks for any info.

There was no official regulation which allowed allowed the skulls to be applied without the piping.

I may have seen the odd photo of a Panzer trooper with a skull applied direct to the collar. This is very rare. But I think most of these came about due to units changing waffenfarbe and shortages at the front.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!