Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer collar tabs

Article about: Hello everyone. I need some advice on the authenticity of these panzer collar tabs.

Default Panzer collar tabs

Hello everyone. I need some advice on the authenticity of these panzer collar tabs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer collar tabs
    P
    Many

I am not an expert on these, though I do have a few of the skulls. I believe those to be inauthentic, the cloth backing on the tabs is very loosely woven as if taken from a burlap sack, when compared to other TR Tabs.Panzer collar tabs

I keep going back on forth on this pair. The skulls seem to be legit and I like the piping. As Chrish124 said the buckram is a bit odd and thats whats throwing me off. I looked through my Panzer book by Scott Pritchett and couldn't find a match. It seems like the buckram has had prongs pierced through it multiple times, maybe to add the cloth behind the eyes? Hopefully more experienced collectors will help with these as I am curious really curious about them.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer collar tabs  

I am struck by the colored fabric under the skull that is visible through the eyes and nose

John 4022, those are helpful images. I feel like when you have the images of your photos up next to the ones from the OP up close there are differences in the shape of the details, such as shape of teeth, texture, etc. But that could also be manufacturing variation, image resolution or my eyes playing tricks on me at this late hour.

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    I am struck by the colored fabric under the skull that is visible through the eyes and nose
    I have a tab that has fabric under the skull. It was done at individual level and not by the factory.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer collar tabs   Panzer collar tabs  

I don't like the skulls, piping, or backing.
    Here are a pair of my tabs that are constructed pretty much the same.
    Ralph.

Panzer collar tabs
    Panzer collar tabs
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank you everyone for your replies, I have yet to find a pair with material behind the skulls and the reference books I have only have one image. The buckram was another concern of mine to.