Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.

Article about: This arrived a couple months ago. I haven't been deliberately keeping it under my hat. I just hadn't made time to do a photo shoot before tonight. It is a almost completely mint "panzer

TWS
    ?

Default Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.

This arrived a couple months ago. I haven't been deliberately keeping it under my hat. I just hadn't made time to do a photo shoot before tonight.
    It is a almost completely mint "panzer wrapper" for a Leutnant in PR 3. It is an issue piece, but due to the condition and a couple modifications I believe it was a walking out uniform and stayed back home in the Vaterland and didn't go with him to the Front. It is nearly unworn.
    The Leutnant added a snap to keep the front panel nice and flat up top, and it has some curious "take ups" in the top of the lining. The one over the left breast makes a fold that partially obscures the size stamps (the rest are there, just concealed). Curiously, he did not bother to have the factory bridles narrowed for officer shoulder boards as they still have the factory "wide gauge" for enlisted shoulder straps. Probably not an issue if just worn for walking out and not in any strenuous circumstances like at the Front. He also had the Totenköpfe sewn to the collar tabs. There are the small holes from the factory application (prongs) visible upon close inspection of the collar underside.

The loops for breast awards are not wide enough for an EKI due to its wider coke bottle pin. So, no EKI for this guy when I set it up for display. Instead I gave him a nice "daisy" PAB (Thanks real steel!) and a sport badge in silver Tombak (rare-ish piece). The 3 place ribbon bar came with the wrapper so it is ostensibly his.

Classic later war factory construction and lining , converted over for officer walking out wear.
    Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.
    Last edited by TWS; 02-13-2019 at 09:10 PM.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Regiment 3 Leutnant wrapper.
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Pure eye candy Todd! Must have been very hard not to show this one off right away!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Beautiful Todd!
    I am envious.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

TWS
    ?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Pure eye candy Todd! Must have been very hard not to show this one off right away!
    Thanks! Honestly every evening when I intended to photograph it, something would come up or I would end up doing something else in the war room that night. It dragged out so long that in my mind it became a "chore" that I "had to" do so I started viewing the fact that I needed to photograph it with slight annoyance. Rather than be excited about it, it became a "task". Psychology is funny that way.

- - ------- - -

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Beautiful Todd!
    I am envious.
    Ralph.
    Thank-you sir! I do appreciate you taking a look.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Yep...that's a nice wrap. I like the sewn TK on the tabs. Eagle machined or hand sewn ? Big size too !! Just another "Wanted item" for me.

You are welcome for the PAB...(wear it in good health) LOL
    D.

TWS
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Yep...that's a nice wrap. I like the sewn TK on the tabs. Eagle machined or hand sewn ? Big size too !! Just another "Wanted item" for me.

You are welcome for the PAB...(wear it in good health) LOL
    D.
    Thanks David!
    Eagle is machine "zick zack" sewn, but it's a heavy un-subtle thread used. Not extra holes in the eagle and not through the lining, but the thread is just a little different from what I would have expected. I have another officer's wrapper that was also an issue piece and he swapped an officer's bullion eagle onto that one. This is a correct issue eagle for a panzer wrapper with that date stamp, so this Leutnant didn't bother to get an officer's version.

I couldn't have set this up without you! Or at the very least I would have had to rummage through the riker mount for another PAB.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very nice indeed. Congrats!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!