MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer tab and skull

Article about: Hey guys, I recently purchased a lot of original stuff to add to my collection and I had a few pieces thrown in that I'm positive have got to be fake. I'm no expert so I figured I ask the pr

Default Panzer tab and skull

Hey guys, I recently purchased a lot of original stuff to add to my collection and I had a few pieces thrown in that I'm positive have got to be fake. I'm no expert so I figured I ask the pros. This panzer collar tab just looks all bad to me from the color to the piping. Does the skull itself stand a chance to be real? Looks good to me and it was added to a bogus tab. Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

MikePanzer tab and skullPanzer tab and skull

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer tab and skull
    P
    Many

This tab has red piping so it would not be Panzer but rather Artillery. It is obvious that there was something else on this tab before the skull. I don't believe this tab is a military related tab, I think it is for something else. It is very similar to a pair that I have that I have been told they are from the Reichsbahn or the Bundesbahn-Feuerwehr, I do not know which. What I do know is that they are smaller that any of my Panzer tabs. The skull appears okay to me, (without seeing the reverse).
    Here are a few photos with an original Panzer tab for comparison.
    Ralph.

Panzer tab and skull
    Panzer tab and skull
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the info! I knew something was off about the tab.