Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Panzer Wrap

Article about: Howdy, got this item from a friend, he knows his stuff, but I just have my doubts on this item. If you all could take a look at it, would be appreciated. If you need more pictures let me kno

Exclamation Panzer Wrap

Howdy, got this item from a friend, he knows his stuff, but I just have my doubts on this item. If you all could take a look at it, would be appreciated. If you need more pictures let me know, sorry for any that are poor quality.

The only markings that I can find (and are very faint) are on the right side (as you're looking at the jacket) on the liner. Can hardly make them out looks like "something" 5 46 then 62 66.

And I know this liner has seen better days. I collect mainly US stuff, so I'm not real familiar with any of the German gear, other than I know this is supposed to be a panzer wrap.

Also overalll the wool feels as if it has been worn, the pictures may not show it well (other than the liner) but it does look like it's a worn uniform.

I'm really hoping that you can put my doubts to rest, rather than confirm them. Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer Wrap   Panzer Wrap  

Panzer Wrap   Panzer Wrap  

Last edited by rookietrooper; 02-13-2012 at 07:44 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer Wrap
    P
    Many

Default Re: Panzer Wrap

I know I'm new here, and this is my first post, but any help would be appreciated. Just seen that there were 50+ views and noone had chimed in. Thanks in advance.

?

I'am sorry. This wrap is fake. Wrong cut and materials
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I'am sorry. This wrap is fake. Wrong cut and materials
    Thanks, I realize a lot of the information is gained through experience, but do you know where I can get info on the cuts and materials used? Not that I don't believe you, but so I don't get burnt too badly in the future.

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

First compare the deathshead insignia to those shown on the forum: these are not brass. Second compare the piping: this should be rayon or wool and is never found in this style as seen on your jacket. Note the complete patch which I show in the thread here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...ginals-144167/

We also have a thread on original "Bevo" breast eagles.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by rookietrooper View Post
    I know I'm new here, and this is my first post, but any help would be appreciated. Just seen that there were 50+ views and noone had chimed in. Thanks in advance.
    Welcome to the forum and well done for posting and asking the question.
    Don't be put off by the views vs replies, many members and guests stop by hoping to learn something from the thread, not everyone will neccesarily be able to authenticate a tunic. In the end, someone will always be able to give you some advice and opinions, it's just a matter of waiting for the right person to see your thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Pity
    I hope you can get your money back
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

First compare the deathshead insignia to those shown on the forum: these are not brass. Second compare the piping: this should be rayon or wool and is never found in this style as seen on your jacket. Note the complete patch which I show in the thread here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...ginals-144167/

We also have a thread on original "Bevo" breast eagles.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

You're saying the ones in that thread are not brass correct?

If that's what you're saying, I can see why you would think these are brass, I'm sorry my camera/flash don't work the best together, and I noticed in the picture they do have what looks like a brass or copper patina to it, but they don't.

Regardless though, thanks for the info!

Matt

Hi Matt, yes, I did think they were brass. Thanks for the new info.

I hope you can return this item.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade and everyone else,

Thanks again for the info, not that we didn't believe you, but my best friend (who's a major German collector and reenator) and myself did a lot of research, and did confirm with 90% certainty that it is a fake.

The problem lies in that who I got it from is a close friend, and vendor. He apparently got dooped and so did I. He really knows his stuff, but after looking at what was wrong with it (I also got pants and m43 hat) like the markings in the hat being wrong, it's surprising that he didn't see it.. but excitement can blind logic, so I don't blame him. I didn't pay for it per-say, but I traded an original m36 tunic (without a doubt did research, was 100% real) for it.. I know the value if this one were correct isn't near the same, but he didn't have more than the value of the m36 into the panzer wrap, so now we're trying to figure out how to tell them it's fake without ruining a great friendship lol.

Hoping to get the m36 back and if I can I'll post pictures of that on here.. right now it's just a big fiasco.. Well all the best.

Thanks again gents!

Matt

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast