Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Panzer wrapper

Article about: 45 years ago a collector in Waco, Tx, turned 3 complete Pz wrappers that were brand new. Tunic and trousers. Absolutely brand new. They did not have collar tabs or fittings for shoulder boar

Default Panzer wrapper

45 years ago a collector in Waco, Tx, turned 3 complete Pz wrappers that were brand new. Tunic and trousers. Absolutely brand new.
    They did not have collar tabs or fittings for shoulder boards. They simply had the pink piping sewed on the tunic where the tabs and boards would have been.
    This is the first pic I've seen with what looks like on of these ensembles being worn.
    Panzer wrapper

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzer wrapper
    P
    Many

Very interesting, I have never seen panzer wrappers being worn like this.

-Bodhi

The photo you show is not a jacket done as you describe. That photo is super early like from 1934 even before German uniforms had breast eagles. The field cap is also a M34 without eagle. Those had proper tabs and straps, but straps were sewn totally down not to snag inside the tank. What you describe on the other hand is a very late practice of simply sewing pink Russian braid directly on the collar in a tab shape. But I am not aware of this being done with shoulder straps. Here's the late treatment seen on a late wrapper. I also show you a close-up of a same vintage jacket as that in your photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer wrapper   Panzer wrapper  

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    That photo is super early like from 1934 even before German uniforms had breast eagles. The field cap is also a M34 without eagle.
    Hello Gentlemen,
    I'm sorry to say that i'm a bit afraid this thread is not going in the right direction, that's why i'm posting now.
    What is shown by the red arrows on the photos below is IMO, hidden Hoheitsabzeichen and deathhead....this photo has been censored. Everyone can see that there's something wrong here with the texture of this image....

Concerning the Feldmütze, it is not by any means an early Panzertruppen M34 that never existed, that's why the latter used the Feldgrau M34/35 until a black version was adopted early war. This is a Panzertruppen M42 with the crown folded, so the Hoheitsabzeichen can't be seen.
    The green arrow shows a headband that can be opened, which was not the case for the M34, with real buttons and buttonholes, where the M34 had only buttons sewn on a not openable headband.
    The blue arrow shows a BeVo cockade. M34s of early productions had a metal cockade and a colored soutache...
    No.....this photo was taken at least in late 1942 or 1943.
    (and i'm not mentioning the woolen sweater on the photo...)
    Be careful with photos gentlemen....they can be tricky, especially if found on the Internet....no one knows where they come from and whom had them in hands before you....
    Thanks

Panzer wrapper

Panzer wrapper

Panzer wrapper
    Last edited by JPhilip; 01-25-2020 at 03:46 PM.

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Fro reference on the cap, here are photos of a similar one for sale out of Austria, on WAF.
    Ralph.

Panzer wrapper
    Panzer wrapper
    Panzer wrapper
    Panzer wrapper
    Panzer wrapper
    Panzer wrapper
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, I see it now, it is indeed a first type wrapper with a M42 cap that only has a rosette showing like a M34 cap. I knew that M34s never came in black, so I was wondering why so dark and why no Waffenfarbe like mine below. First type wrappers did precede the introduction of the Hoheitszeichen, so that gave me preconceived funnel vision with the cap. However, none of this changes what I said about the jacket insignia, the topic of the question asked. First type jackets were set up with tabs and straps, while late ones did away with the tabs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzer wrapper  

It a very interesting photo, a first pattern wrap with a m42, mentioning before insignia were being worn.
    Original caps have distinct inward v to the fronts.
    Is it possible the insignia just hidden?
    I find it an unusual combination and early for the cap.
    M42 were issued for 8 months during 1942, but doses anybody know when they were being made?
    I find the field grey cap more of a Russian volunteer, possibly faded red waffen?

?

I had to alter this post since a collector luckily found a photo of your cap in wear.

""Reichsheer model of side cap""
    Last edited by TrondK; 04-07-2020 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Wrongful data removed/ altered.