Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!

Article about: Hey guys,I just acquired these boards,I know they are not textbook in a few ways, but I believe they are original. There were several variations to waffenfarbe material throughout the war an

?

Default Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!

Hey guys,I just acquired these boards,I know they are not textbook in a few ways, but I believe they are original. There were several variations to waffenfarbe material throughout the war and pre war including private purchase and captured materials. The waffenfarbe on these boards is braided, however it's not rayon, but a cotton type material. The button holes are not text book keyhole, but are keyhole none the less. They are not teardrop. I like the repair above the one button hole using zig zag stitching on the top side of the one board. They have a nice feel and look.....and smell. I posted these on WAF and have gotten nothing but negative reviews so far, but I'm trying to get as many knowledgeable opinions as possible. Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!   Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!  

Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!   Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!  

Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!   Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!  

Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!  
    Last edited by Newbie; 05-07-2016 at 12:57 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Panzerjager boards.....opinions please!
    P
    Many

They look the age to my eyes. Lots of little things like the minor repairs and wear that are hard to fake...... devices look good too.
    ( Just my gut feel from the photos )
    Cheers Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hello,

Pure unadulterated junk. Bad button holes, bad piping, contrived wear.. As I said on the other forum, send them back.

Fred

?

Thanks Fred, was just trying to get a broader group of opinions, but it's time to face the truth......man I loved these boards!

Hello,
    Fred is right here. These shoulderstraps were made to deceive, wrong buttonholes, wrong piping, wrong lining on the tongue, wrong everything in fact...shoulderstraps is a minefield, those ones are not even close to the best repros these days...when buttonholes say it all at first glance, no need to go further, it's bad....and here buttonholes are especially bad...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)