Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Parade Tunic - opinions please?

Article about: Hi. Would be interested in your opinion on this tunic (133rd infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry division) which I have owned for 25 years. Fairly confident everything is original, my only conc

?

Default Parade Tunic - opinions please?

Hi. Would be interested in your opinion on this tunic (133rd infantry Regiment, 45th Infantry division) which I have owned for 25 years. Fairly confident everything is original, my only concern being the breast eagle as you can see from the nap of the cloth a slight outline of another breast eagle at one time. So is this one original and wartime applied? Any other info you can give would be appreciated. Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Parade Tunic - opinions please?   Parade Tunic - opinions please?  

Parade Tunic - opinions please?   Parade Tunic - opinions please?  

Parade Tunic - opinions please?   Parade Tunic - opinions please?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Parade Tunic - opinions please?
    P
    Many

Hello,
    the regulation type of Hoheitsabzeichen for the Waffenrock for EM/NCOs is the one below...
    This said, if you do a search, i'm pretty confident that you'll find many parade tunics with an eagle similar to yours.
    Nice piece...
    Thanks

Parade Tunic - opinions please?

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

when a breast eagle is handsewn on this kind of tunics, it's always hard to determine if it's wartime done or not...some german soldiers had no skills for sewing...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :

?

Thank you for your swift reply. So do you think that the Breast Eagle was upgraded in wartime?

many german soldiers did like to "upgrade" their uniform that's true...i really dont know if it's wartime done or not....if we consider the eagle genuine, and i think that this ugly bird is genuine, then it can be wartime done by a soldier with little skills or postwar done by a collector with little skills also.
    I do not consider that the replacement of the magnificent Hoheitsabzeichen i posted above by this "thing" is an upgrade...but that's only my opinion...
    Thanks

In Memoriam :

?

Ha. Many thanks

Quote by JPhilip View Post
    when a breast eagle is handsewn on this kind of tunics, it's always hard to determine if it's wartime done or not...some german soldiers had no skills for sewing...
    Thanks
    Indeed, but in this case I think we can be sure. If you look closely you can see what appears to be a outline from where the old thread was sown for the original eagle. Or am I seeing things?
    ------
    This helps somewhat. Sorry, my editing software isn't cooperating.
    Parade Tunic - opinions please?Parade Tunic - opinions please?