Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pionier Spieß Piped Walking Out Tunic

Article about: This tunic was also in the grouping of recent arrivals I posted together in the collections display subforum. It came up on the market and because I have an affinity for both tunics of Haupt

TWS
    ?

Default Pionier Spieß Piped Walking Out Tunic

This tunic was also in the grouping of recent arrivals I posted together in the collections display subforum. It came up on the market and because I have an affinity for both tunics of Hauptfeldwebel ("Spieß") rank and Pionier items, I went ahead and purchased it. Hauptfeldwebel piped walking out tunics are pretty rare and I have been fortunate to acquire a small handful of them over the years and was pleased to add this one to it's "peers" that I own.For Heer uniform nerds such as myself, there is much to discuss about this piece. It is a former Waffenrock that was converted to a piped Walking out tunic. The immediate giveaway is the seam across the waistline, but there are other tells. There are traces on the back tails where the buttons were removed when the scalloped ornamentation of the Waffenrock was done away with. It is clear to see where the button holes were stitched up. There are also traces in the lining where the "wallet pockets" in the tails were removed/sewn closed. Of note is the almost perfect matching of the material used to create the chest pockets and the pocket flaps of the lower slash pockets and the French cuffs. This man was already a Spieß or perhaps commissioned the conversion of this former Waffenrock because he had just been appointed to a Kompaniefeldwebel position and felt he needed a tunic for appropriate occasions befitting the prestige of his role. This is evidenced by the exact same thread being used to construct the cuffs and to attach the "Kolbenringe" or piston rings to the lower sleeves. The tunic came with the ribbon bar and the minty badges - general assault badge and black wound badge. They are ostensibly original to the tunic/belonged to the wearer. Sadly there is no nametag. This Spieß would have been a great research candidate if I had his name. I wish there were also a tailor's label, because the workmanship is top notch and it would be interesting to know who performed the conversion, but sadly, no tailor's label either.

Pionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out TunicPionier Spieß Piped Walking Out Tunic
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Pionier Spieß Piped Walking Out Tunic
    P
    Many

This one is a very beautiful and interesting tunic, It has some great and interesting craftsmanship with it too. I always love seeing tunics in this condition, it shows you just how great the quality really was. It’s also great to see a untouched tunic with all the badges and the ribbon bar still attached and original to the tunic.

Cheers and happy collecting,
    Bodhi E.

TWS
    ?

Quote by BodhiEtheridge View Post
    This one is a very beautiful and interesting tunic, It has some great and interesting craftsmanship with it too. I always love seeing tunics in this condition, it shows you just how great the quality really was. It’s also great to see a untouched tunic with all the badges and the ribbon bar still attached and original to the tunic.

Cheers and happy collecting,
    Bodhi E.
    Thanks Bodhi! Another thread caused me to return to this one and I realized it didn't get much love at all. I appreciate your taking the time to leave kind comments.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

What a beauty Todd, and a Waffenfarbe that you don't see in too many collections. I love it (and a Pioneer Signaller too).

Cheers

bob

?

Yes very nice sir. You come up with some very nice tunics. It's always a pleasure to see your eye candy.

Thanks Tim

Todd

That's a very nice piece. I especially like the contrast between the black and the white edging on the signals arm badge.

Regards

Eddie

TWS
    ?

Quote by Eddie W View Post
    Todd

That's a very nice piece. I especially like the contrast between the black and the white edging on the signals arm badge.

Regards

Eddie
    Good eye for detail Eddie. It is reminiscent of the way unit numbers were done on the shoulder straps for a time during the pre-war period. Have also seen with medical straps too. This one is to Pi-Abt 27, which eventually belonged to 17. Panzer-Division.

Pionier Spieß Piped Walking Out Tunic
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

TWS
    ?

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    Yes very nice sir. You come up with some very nice tunics. It's always a pleasure to see your eye candy.

Thanks Tim
    Thank-you for the kind words Tim. We aim to please.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Not sure how I missed this one. Your closets must be bursting at the seams

Beautiful
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Very nice example

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast