Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Questions

Article about: I have some questions, i'm a recent collector in the German ww2 militaria and im really fascinated in all the variety. For what is this belt buckle used? I always thought they only have the

?

Default Questions

I have some questions, i'm a recent collector in the German ww2 militaria and im really fascinated in all the variety.

For what is this belt buckle used? I always thought they only have the belt buckle with the eagle. Also does it look original?

Questions

Questions

Is this obergefreiter patch original? any tips on how to recognize a real one over a fake one?

Questions

Questions

Many thanks!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions
    P
    Many

?

I think your buckle is a fake.

Quote by SteveR View Post
    I think your buckle is a fake.
    I would agree with Steve.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

I "Know" that buckle is a fake.. Any construction like this is a "Dud".
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Pavlos View Post
    For what is this belt buckle used?
    That buckle is/was used to rip uneducated people off

I always thought they only have the belt buckle with the eagle.
    You really need to study this before spending money. Luckily for you, you joined here ;-) You need to do some homework, maybe a lot of homework... This is for every item you buy, preferably before you buy , but sometimes afterwards... That's called "the learning curve".

Knowledge has no limits.

Also does it look original?
    Already covered by everyone else

Hello,

Your obergefreiter patch is a nice original. It is a backed patch on the Blueish dark green badge cloth and Reichsheer style tress. In all actuality this patch should not exist! When the Heer went to the Blueish dark green badge cloth backing they changed the tress to a diamond pattern bright aluminum yarn. The Germans were known for using existing stocks before starting new materials.

For further reference you might want to get your hands on the 3 volume set of GERMAN ARMY UNIFORMS AND TRADITION 1933-1945 by John Angolia and Adolf Schlicht. They are a bit spendy, in the $300.+ range, but cover most everything concerning the German Army during this time frame.

Fred

?

Thanks for the replies, very appreciated, i'm really trying to learn all the basics of the German uniforms, insignia etc and how to recognize a fake one over a real one.
    Fred, ive been looking for the book and im thinking of buying it, thanks for the suggestion.

For example this badge, is it real? it looks pretty old to me, stamped on the back and denazified (didnt buy it yet).

Questions

Questions

Hello,

Medals are an entirely different category for me. I pretty much stick to cloth and some metal insignia. I couldn't tell you if this is good or bad but not a piece for my collection. It has been denazified, and the condition is terrible besides that. These are very very expensive medal if real.

Fred

Quote by Pavlos View Post
    For example this badge, is it real? it looks pretty old to me, stamped on the back and denazified (didnt buy it yet).
    This should be posted in the correct forum for opinions.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/allge...zeichen-forum/
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)