Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Questions about the Usage of Reichswehr Uniforms in WWII

Article about: Hello there! I'm trying to study about various foreign legions in the German military during WWII especially the Eastern Volunteers. Is there any chance that these volunteers utilized the ol

Default Questions about the Usage of Reichswehr Uniforms in WWII

Hello there!

I'm trying to study about various foreign legions in the German military during WWII especially the Eastern Volunteers. Is there any chance that these volunteers utilized the old Reichswehr era uniforms?

Also, can anyone explain to me about the types in Reichswehr uniforms? I'm still pretty blind there.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Questions about the Usage of Reichswehr Uniforms in WWII
    P
    Many

Hello,

From what I have seen Reichswehr uniforms were converted and used by German troops. Foreign volunteers utilized standard Heer uniforms, confiscated foreign uniforms, waffenrocks and other uniforms.

Fred

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

From what I have seen Reichswehr uniforms were converted and used by German troops. Foreign volunteers utilized standard Heer uniforms, confiscated foreign uniforms, waffenrocks and other uniforms.

Fred
    Hello there Fred.

Do you have any pictures on converted Reichswehr uniforms? And do you know what countries' foreign uniforms that were confiscated by the Germans to be used by them outside of Czech, Austrian and Dutch uniforms?

Quote by Roald Thamesen View Post
    Hello there Fred.

Do you have any pictures on converted Reichswehr uniforms? And do you know what countries' foreign uniforms that were confiscated by the Germans to be used by them outside of Czech, Austrian and Dutch uniforms?
    I've read that Danish M/23 uniforms were used as well (post 1943).
    After the Danish army was detained by the Germans in 1943, the German army took possession of the stores - and made use of everything from bicycles, motorcycles, lorries, uniforms and to a certain extent Danish small arms.

Rumours has it, that the Danish uniforms were handed over to Ukrainian volunteers.

M23 uniform with Danish equipment:

Quote by 37Webbing View Post
    I've read that Danish M/23 uniforms were used as well (post 1943).
    After the Danish army was detained by the Germans in 1943, the German army took possession of the stores - and made use of everything from bicycles, motorcycles, lorries, uniforms and to a certain extent Danish small arms.

Rumours has it, that the Danish uniforms were handed over to Ukrainian volunteers.

M23 uniform with Danish equipment:
    Do you have any photos of the Germans/ Foreign Volunteers using the Danish M/23 uniforms?