Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Rarest LW set I have ever seen

Article about: Very interesting and never seen uniform grouping. Why does it have red waffenfarbe on the tunic and yellow on the greatcoat?

Default Re: Rarest LW set I have ever seen

Very interesting and never seen uniform grouping.

Why does it have red waffenfarbe on the tunic and yellow on the greatcoat?
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rarest LW set I have ever seen
    P
    Many

?

Interesting

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Could we please have a look at the reverse of the cog wheel breast badge ?

EDIT: I see it is covered up with a sewn on patch.
    It appears to be a cap badge.........? ! ?
    Hi Steve,

This insignia is definitely a chest eagle. Out of the dozens of period photos I have seen, I have only seen this as a chest insignia. I have never seen it on a cap before(in photos). In fact, the only headgear I have seen worn by these men was the overseas cap.

Thank you all for your kind words.

I do not believe the overcoat and tunic come from the same person. The only color mentioned by Angolia(he give the most detail on this group) is red. I am baffled by the yellow. There is so much out there that is not covered by the references... hopefully, more information comes to light on this unit!

Paul

Paul R.,If you can get a hold of Roger Benders 1977 book "The LUFTWAFFE" (second printing) page #188 there are some facts on these civilian technicians which could aid you. Great pieces!

Great rare set, very nice pickup

Jason

?

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the many kind and enthusiastic posts. I am used to my areas of collecting not drawing much attention at all. (kinda a good thing, as it keeps the prices down! LOL)

Goodbuys- I have that book and did not think to look there. I will take a look. Thank you.

Edit: I think that the peaked cap entry could be an error. I will call Roger and discuss. I have seen dozens of these men uniform and have never seen the visor used, either in the field or in portrait. I have, however, seen that metallic emblem used as a breast eagle(in 90% of the photos). These guys were very non standard, as I have seen them in foreign uniforms(recycled) in about 60% of the time. The other 40%, they used LW uniforms, mostly with the LW eagle removed(although I have seen one photo where the man is wearing a fliegerbluse with both the LW eagle(factory applied) and the metal emblem on the other side of the chest.

The only headgear I have observed in use are the standard helmet and the Overseas Cap. Most of the earlier pics have the overseas caps with a soutache(unk color) and eagle LW absent. None of these photos are mine, so I feel uncomforable posting them.

I am sorry if this is frowned upon, but there are a few nice period photos here:

Generalluftzeugmeisterei tunic and coat - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

?

Wow, I like these sorts of militaria. I feel my eyeballs are popping out of my head when seeing these photos. You are lucky to have this one.

?

Thank you! I do feel very lucky to have had this offered to me. It is the only one I have ever seen.

?

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Could we please have a look at the reverse of the cog wheel breast badge ?

EDIT: I see it is covered up with a sewn on patch.
    It appears to be a cap badge.........? ! ?
    The set arrived today.

It is covered up, but I can tell that the pieces that come through feel like wire, not flat bendable metal. Also there seems to be a backing plate on the liner side of the eagle, which secures the insignia very tightly to the tunic. I cannot even look under the edges of the insignia.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2