Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Real or Fake tunic

Article about: Hi all, I want to bay а Artillery officers tunic. I hope it lived up to standards. Any help or opinions would be appreciated on this item. Best Regards

Dok
    ?

Buttons
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake  tunic
    P
    Many

Dok
    ?

Eagle on a cap
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake  tunic   Real or Fake  tunic  

Last edited by Dok; 12-21-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Dok
    ?

The question arose of buying trousers for this uniform. Please tell me if everything is okay with the trousers.
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic

No one seems ready to step up to give you an answer, so I will try. It greatly depends on how typical you want your officer to look. Do you want typical private purchase officer breeches (your jacket is a privately tailored jacket) or normal EM pants that some officers wore?

I tend to choose typical combinations, so I would be looking for breeches, if I were in your position, but those pants do not look like breeches to me. Some of your photos show the thigh flared a bit like breeches, but it does not have the tight calf that breeches should have. Also the pockets are all with flaps, which usually means those pockets are normally not hidden under the skirt of an officer's tunic, but are exposed like in panzer and assault gun wrappers. The sole strap at the hem is also a feature I often see on assault gun trousers, but the photos don't show the baggy legs and tapered ankles of typical assault gun pants. If those pants did really come with the artillery jacket, they might possibly be tailored self-propelled artillery pants. But it's hard to tell from those photos. One thing you should definitely ask is whether the pants are of the same cloth the jacket is made of (tailored to match). If they are of identical cloth, it becomes quite interesting.

More typical for an officer's uniform, I show you below breeches that all have narrowed calves, but there is a wide variation in how that is done (laces, buttons and zipper), because they are privately tailored. One even has a zippered back pocket.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake  tunic   Real or Fake  tunic  

Real or Fake  tunic   Real or Fake  tunic  

Last edited by Nick Komiya; 01-30-2020 at 04:57 PM.

Dok
    ?

Thank you for your opinion. I did not see the pants visually
    Last edited by Dok; 01-30-2020 at 08:06 PM.

I doubt that the pants are in identical material as the jacket, as those pants are not an ideal match for that jacket design, but rather for a wrapper jacket he might have had. Pocket flaps in combination with that jacket make little sense as it is not functional.

Dok
    ?

I agree, probably the material on the trousers is different. I look at photo 2. I heard your opinion and try to choose a different version of trousers.

Dok
    ?

Hello everyone! Tell me such breeches will fit this оfficer's uniform?
    Regards
    Real or Fake  tunic Real or Fake  tunic
    Real or Fake  tunic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2