Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?

Article about: Good evening everybody, A small overview of my cavalry/recon officers’ boards collection. What do you think? Also, has anybody good recommendations for further readings about the cavalry and

TWS
    ?

Quote by Phil9790 View Post
    Hi Todd, would you have the full name of the Angolia and Schlicht book?
    Thanks a lot in advance.
    These were pretty much "the Bible" when I was an up and coming young collector, but seems like their fame is no longer as prevalent if the name Angolia and Schlicht didn't trigger immediate recognition. Not a slight on you, just shows my feel for the community might be outdated. (?) There are three volumes, but Volume 1 has the biggest discussion of Heer branch colors.

Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot Todd. I have to say that I’m actually starting from scrap and my knowledge of literature is really limited. Hence the questions. The name Angolia is known but I was not sure about the book. Definitely something I will have a look at. I’ve also ordered the book from Carsten Fries and can’t wait to receive it.

A new add-on to my collection. I just love the copper brown waffenfarbe...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?   Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?  

TWS
    ?

A new add-on to my collection. I just love the copper brown waffenfarbe...
    Oh man! Sweet! I am Kupferbraun with envy.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Good evening everybody,
    A quick question from my side. Does anybody have an idea what these boards could be? They are small in size versus what I would call “normal” boards, the rank pips also appear small, also they have only four loops instead of five. It’s also the first time I find an underlay like this Which is as long as the braid itself. The fabric and the braid look fine to me, the boards are magnetic. Any input would be welcome. I have added one picture comparing the shoulder board I try to identify with one that is more in line with expectations.
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?   Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?  

Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?   Recon/cavalry - any comments and readings recommended?  

Quote by Aldo View Post
    However, I don't know enough about shoulder boards to understand why these would not have the golden yellow waffenfarbe

Hello,
    This type of pointed shoulderstraps that comes in Feldgrau, dark Feldgrau and dark green does not have a coloured piping because at this time (1933 to 1938) the branch of service was shown on the Litzen. In 1938, rounded shoulderstraps with piping were adopted for the Feldbluse, then Litzen became general issue. Hope it helps
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Anyone any idea about what exactly these boards could be?

For Todd. My latest Kradschuetzen shoulder board addition...

Another question: why do some boards feature a gothic „A“ for Aufklärer while other don‘t (especially with the golden yellow Waffenfarbe)?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Gothic "A" was for Army veterinary Academy. Standard "A" was for motorized recon units with unit number below

?

With reference to the short, 11th Company boards, my guess would be for the white summer tunic.
    The press-stud fitting, rather than a removable button, suggests the board tongue would be threaded onto a double loop set-up at the shoulder.

All the best, and a wonderful collection that keeps getting better!
    Bob

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast