Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe

Article about: The Luftwaffe Air Traffic Control was initially called the Luftaufsicht Luftpolizei, which was under control of the individual German states. In mid 1934, the Luftpolizei was then taken over

you rock glenn thanks, I have many more mysteries I would love to solve

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe
    P
    Many

thank you Glenn, would this tab be worn on both collars or just one?

Worn on both sides, according to the photos I've seen...Happy to help, welcome to the Forum!
    cheers, Glenn

- - ------- - -

I was wondering if this also could be identified. Dark blue with crimson border. Triangle divided into three with a key, WFG and an unknown to me symbol.

Quote by djr1010 View Post
    I was wondering if this also could be identified. Dark blue with crimson border. Triangle divided into three with a key, WFG and an unknown to me symbol.
    It's the company logo for the Weser-Flugzeugbau GmbH. The collar patch was surely for the company's Werkschutz [factory security] and/or Werkfeuerwehr [factory fire brigade].

For some basic info on the company, see: Weser Flugzeugbau - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(A Google image search for the term "Weser Flugzeugbau" will yield other examples of the logo's use.)

Not to put too fine a point on it, but these items are totally unrelated to the subject of the original thread. Items to be ID'd really should be posted in new threads. Perhaps the moderators could split this off.

?

Hello Paul, I'd like to bring up this old but great thread and as a question.
    Air Traffic Control OFFICIAL, 2nd pattern for the rank of Meister. My understanding is that he would have a shoulderboard similar to a regular LW leutnant but with a nebenfarbe in red and regular farbe in the light green. My question is, would it have one pip and would it be shaped like a regular pip or like the one on his collar tab?

Thanks
    Scott

I can add an Other Ranks/NCO's Air Traffic Control visor cap to this thread.....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe   Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe  

Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe   Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe  

Air Traffic Controllers at work, .... photos from a wartime Luftwaffe 'Der Adler' magazine...

-Bob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe   Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe  

Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe   Reichluftausichtdienst der Luftwaffe  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2