Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

[Repost from approval forum] Investigative research on rare patterns.

Article about: Hello there. Just a college joe taking up tailoring as a hobby, and have a special interest in historical military uniforms. My interest was sparked from getting a digital copy of Modern Tai

Default [Repost from approval forum] Investigative research on rare patterns.

Hello there.

Just a college joe taking up tailoring as a hobby, and have a special interest in historical military uniforms. My interest was sparked from getting a digital copy of Modern Tailor, Outfitter, and Clothier, which included British military uniforms.

Several rounds of google-fu failed me, leaving nothing but classic 1700s style costumes meant for kids. I already have managed to secure some few basic Rundschau pattern on drafting suit so I have the hang into the German cutting method, which I find more comfortable than the British method in MTOC since the former uses meters.

What finds it very elusive is the holy grail for someone like me: a drafting pattern for the famed Feldbluse, especially the M36. But I won't be solely focusing only on German uniforms; I'm also trying to hunt for sartorial books in the Library of Congress' digital library.

I decided to sign up an account here because I have no answers (and risking a ban for keeping on asking about uniforms) in a tailoring forum, so I decided to go straight to the point.

Also, one reason I am after is that, not only I'm fueled by curiosity how these tunics are made, but maybe these can also help identifying genuines or high quiality copies from the infamous Chinese fakes.

[Repost from approval forum] Investigative research on rare patterns.[Repost from approval forum] Investigative research on rare patterns.

Found these in a Ukrainian-language reenactors forum. And being unable to speak one word of Ukrainian, I decided to come here instead. These photos are just too blurry to be useful.

A close detail one the third one.

This kinda sparks my interest, especially how the collar was drafted. Care if some give a clearer copy for me to study further?

I would really want to buy the tailoring books but unfortunately, haven't opened a credit card account yet as its too expesive to maintain.

Also, I'm not falling for a "shanzai" (inferior quality Made-in-China) repro since it would be shameful for me and a big waste of money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement [Repost from approval forum] Investigative research on rare patterns.
    P
    Many

CBH
    ?

If your interested in SS uniforms, I'd suggest purchasing the 3 volume set "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" by Micheal D. Beaver.
    These volumes contain detailed photos of every variety of SS-uniform, it's the best reference with uniform interior photos etc.
    These books are available on Amazon.

Quote by CBH View Post
    If your interested in SS uniforms, I'd suggest purchasing the 3 volume set "Uniforms of the Waffen-SS" by Micheal D. Beaver.
    These volumes contain detailed photos of every variety of SS-uniform, it's the best reference with uniform interior photos etc.
    These books are available on Amazon.
    I think he is actually looking for the patterns as opposed to photos of "in use".
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

CBH
    ?

Most of the photos are close-ups details of uniform construction, with great detail.
    There are some photos of uniforms in the field, but mostly just uniform parts shown in great detail.

PS one of the book reviews stated
    "..essential for all clothing designers... the bible of menswear details and internals"
    Last edited by CBH; 02-02-2019 at 05:28 PM. Reason: more information

?

Here are the patterns of the Waffenrock and the Feldbluse as they appear in the book for tailors from 1938: Handbuch für die Bekleidungsindustrie und den Bekleidungs.
    If you are not able to find the book on any antiques store, you could purchase a digital copy of this book on Google Books.

Waffenrock:

Feldbluse:

Collar for Feldbluse:

If you would like to compare how patterns have changed from the Great War to the Second World War, you could check my previous post here in Warrelics: German uniforms patterns from a tailoring book

Please be aware that some people won't feel confortable about patterns been sharing. There is the fear that people who produces fakes would find them. Sadly, this kind of people should have already found this patterns since they are available at some tailoring manuals or magazines published before and during the war.

I hope that there would be much more people who enjoy looking at original patterns and learn about how an uniform was design and made.

Best Regards, Luis

I appreciate the gratitude. Sounds luke an interesting read. Would like to see the original article page these patterns were taken from, but preferably on PM notes...

Also, I'm curious. I also wanted to see other versions for comparison, like the Der Uniformschnieder versions.