Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

CTF's Uniform Collection

Article about: Courtesy of my cross-town friend, a Panzer waffenrock for a reserve Hauptmann attached to a Panzerzug (armored train)--it is as mint as the day it was made:

?

Absolutely fantastic!
    That's the kind of friend we all need.

Thanks for sharing.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement CTF's Uniform Collection
    P
    Many

OK, breaking the title of the thread, but here is a mint custom tailored officer’s Feldbluse. Extremely fine matt finished wool in true field gray, matt buttons and semi subdued insignia, except for officer breast eagle.
    If you’ll look at the shoulder board & collar tab in the 3rd photo, the collar tabs are highly raised from the collar. These were expensive. Feldbluse is about 1940, by no regimental numbers on the boards. No badge loops, but a three ribbon Feldspange. Rittmeister der Reserve rank. Maybe W.W.I prior service. This is an officer tunic at the start of W.W.II.

Why is this rare? The custom Feldbluse was worn as a utility garment and combat uniform, hence serious wear and destruction. Surviving mint FB are rare, even though made in far greater quantities than Waffenrocks. This is only the second one my cross-town friend has, as compared to many Waffenrocks, that were stored in the closet in top condition.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

TWS
    ?

Agree with you Chris, and for the same reasons you cited. I have two mint officer's Feldblusen in my collection. One of them is to a Leutnant Lucass in Aufklaerungs-Abteilung 3. Based on the date on the tailor's label, he must have ordered the tunic from the tailor shortly before shipping out to duty in the Afrika Korps and therefore left his wool continental tunic behind at home before getting a chance to wear it much, if at all. The other one, I don't have sufficient information to form a theory why it wasn't worn.

My friend has accessorized the tunic that led off this thread with a stone-mint Paradehelm in aluminum:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

?

Fascinating and stunning Feldgendarmerie Waffenrock. I have a large set of documents to Stabsfeldwebel Martin Eichler of the same unit as this Waffenrock - Feldgendarmerietrupp 19, 19 Panzer Division. Here is his EK2 Doc.

Eichler was Hauptwachtmeister der Gendarmerie before military service with the Feldgendarmerie. Intriguing to wonder of this was his Waffenrock.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture CTF's Uniform Collection  

Fantastic uniforms wauw!!
    Thank you Chris for sharing your friends awesome collection

Quote by Ullergaard View Post
    Fantastic uniforms wauw!!
    Thank you Chris for sharing your friends awesome collection
    My friend is happy to share his collection only with the WRF.
    Many of his hats are in Guide to Authentic Visor Hats subforum.

He collects for condition, but paramount to him is provenance--most of his uniforms/headgear are named, and in many cases he also has the documents and awards of the soldier/officer.

As you can tell, he favors Generals, Panzer, General Staff, and (most of all) cavalry.

Truly outstanding! Kindest regards,Paul

My cross-town ("ctf") friends latest pickup.
    I will let him do the talking:

"Fine quality custom tailored wool with interior stomach belt, interior sword sling and belt, hanger straps at shoulders, private purchase eagle, etc. This service tunic made April 1939. I’ll bet Lt. Muller d.R, never had a Waffenrock made due to his service starting in Sept. 1939. He wore this tunic for years, as evidence by the ribbons, badge loops, and a few wear spots, etc. Note ribbons at button hole sewn precisely by a tailor, plus microscopically sewn stitches (in red/black) to hold outside ribbons in place.

215 regiment part of the 78 division (formed in Tubingen as in tailor label), serving from beginning of the war in the west, to continuous fighting in Russia. Because the tenacity of the 78 division, awarded the honorific “Sturm” division. Original 78 division destroyed in 1944. Next step to research Hptm. Muller."

CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

CTF's Uniform Collection   CTF's Uniform Collection  

?

Quote by stonemint View Post
    My cross-town ("ctf") friends latest pickup.
    I will let him do the talking:

"Fine quality custom tailored wool with interior stomach belt, interior sword sling and belt, hanger straps at shoulders, private purchase eagle, etc. This service tunic made April 1939. I’ll bet Lt. Muller d.R, never had a Waffenrock made due to his service starting in Sept. 1939. He wore this tunic for years, as evidence by the ribbons, badge loops, and a few wear spots, etc. Note ribbons at button hole sewn precisely by a tailor, plus microscopically sewn stitches (in red/black) to hold outside ribbons in place.

215 regiment part of the 78 division (formed in Tubingen as in tailor label), serving from beginning of the war in the west, to continuous fighting in Russia. Because the tenacity of the 78 division, awarded the honorific “Sturm” division. Original 78 division destroyed in 1944. Next step to research Hptm. Muller."
    Absolutely stunning piece of history.

The 78th Sturm Division is one of my favourite Divisions, as you say one of the number of Divisions subordinate to Army Group Centre that were more or less destroyed by the June 1944 Soviet Summer offensive:-

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - 78. Infanterie-Division / 78. Sturm-Division

Best regards, Paul

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast