Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schwedter Adler

Article about: I am led to believe that this is a Dragoon Eagle badge worn on the cap between the eagle and wreath/cockade by certain units as a traditional badge. I see a similar badge in B.L Davis' book

Default Schwedter Adler

I am led to believe that this is a Dragoon Eagle badge worn on the cap between the eagle and wreath/cockade by certain units as a traditional badge. I see a similar badge in B.L Davis' book "German Army Uniforms and Insignia 1933-1945" on page 88. Am I correct? The badge measures 27mm across and 25mm from top of crown to bottom of tail feathers. Thank you for looking.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler   Schwedter Adler  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schwedter Adler
    P
    Many

Default Re: Schwedter Adler

Correct.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Aaah!! Thank you Ade. Are these quite common or not?
    Also I think that should be "Schwerdter Adler"?

Tom

Hi Tom, they are hard to find and, you guessed it, much reproduced. I am not convinced this one is real? The detail is poor.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by StuG III View Post
    Also I think that should be "Schwerdter Adler"?
    No; "Schwedter Adler" is the correct spelling. (In 1815, it was given as a traditions badge to the Prussian Army's 1. Brandenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 2 [= 1st Brandenburgian Dragoons Regiment No. 2], which was garrisoned in the town of Schwedt in Brandenburg; hence the name.)

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tom, they are hard to find and, you guessed it, much reproduced. I am not convinced this one is real? The detail is poor.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks Ade. Will try and do some more research.

Tom

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    No; "Schwedter Adler" is the correct spelling. (In 1815, it was given as a traditions badge to the Prussian Army's 1. Brandenburgisches Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 2 [= 1st Brandenburgian Dragoons Regiment No. 2], which was garrisoned in the town of Schwedt in Brandenburg; hence the name.)
    Great, thanks!

Tom

Ade, when compared to one you did like, I can clearly se the difference. Mine has what looks like a dog's head

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schwedter Adler  

Hi Tom, glad you found that.

I still lack one of these for my collection. Been looking for a good one at the right price for 30 odd years....

But I do have a nice beer mug with one on it from 1940.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast