Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

"Secret" shop visit.

Article about: I went to another of Moscows "secret" militaria shops today. They can be difficult to find... This shop has mostly original items. Russian Empire, Soviet and Germany before and dur

?

Default "Secret" shop visit.

I went to another of Moscows "secret" militaria shops today. They can be difficult to find... This shop has mostly original items. Russian Empire, Soviet and Germany before and during WW2.

The owner was kind to let me take some pics there.

Can anybody confirm this is a KM (Continental) rubber coat? How do i rotate pics in upload???

"Secret" shop visit."Secret" shop visit."Secret" shop visit.

Some random items

"Secret" shop visit."Secret" shop visit."Secret" shop visit.

They also got some Gebirgsjäger caps from Norway. I will see if he will let me take some pics of them next time i go. I also have some pics from the visit in the USSR uniforms sub forum.
    Last edited by Datrus; 01-19-2012 at 07:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement "Secret" shop visit.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: "Secret" shop visit.

Is that a Vz32 I see there? To the right of the caps, under an other helmet?

Nitram

?

I am sorry, but what is a Vz32

?

Vz32 is Czechoslovak a combat helmet used by Slovakia on the eastern front during the war. I've seen it referred to as an "Eggshell helmet" due to it's shape.

"Secret" shop visit.

EDIT - Out of curiosity, why "secret"? Is there some law/taboo against militia collectors in Russia?

Nitram
    Last edited by Nitram; 01-19-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Typo

I think it might be a czech helmet, dunno

edit: beaten by nitram by a few seconds

?

Sure looks like one. Never heard of the Vz32, but i thought it must be from that region. I honestly thought you meant Vz61(Scorpion).

man id wanna keep it secret , i know alot of russians who just hate ww2 german collectors.some of this stuff does certain stuff to certain ppl.

i had just had a man from poland come over my house and try to sell me some reproduction badges he obviously got off
    of ioffer, his disposition towards my excitement was not a good one, i had met him on craigslist.
    and as with all craigslisters i had to take caution to be armed, i looked over the badges and told him i didnt want them.

he then became very angry and said i would and shold be shot, he began to whinge and whine , so i took my smith and wesson and put it right ion the table right infront of him, i said go ahead ........

he then became nervous , cursed me . said i was a bad person for collecting.

i just think maybe some people in russia may be frowned upon for selling ww2 german items, that were worn by the same faction that tried to whipe the reds off the face of the earth.

it happens in the us, and in diff countrys , i think id want it to be on the hush too. just my two cents but man what a cool shop, i would assume the rubber overcoat is maybe a naval item??????
    never saw one but it is nice

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    man id wanna keep it secret , i know alot of russians who just hate ww2 german collectors.some of this stuff does certain stuff to certain ppl.

i had just had a man from poland come over my house and try to sell me some reproduction badges he obviously got off
    of ioffer, his disposition towards my excitement was not a good one, i had met him on craigslist.
    and as with all craigslisters i had to take caution to be armed, i looked over the badges and told him i didnt want them.

he then became very angry and said i would and shold be shot, he began to whinge and whine , so i took my smith and wesson and put it right ion the table right infront of him, i said go ahead ........

he then became nervous , cursed me . said i was a bad person for collecting.

i just think maybe some people in russia may be frowned upon for selling ww2 german items, that were worn by the same faction that tried to whipe the reds off the face of the earth.

it happens in the us, and in diff countrys , i think id want it to be on the hush too. just my two cents but man what a cool shop, i would assume the rubber overcoat is maybe a naval item??????
    never saw one but it is nice
    wow, that's just crazy. i met with many collectors in Poland (and from Poland) and collecting in Poland is very popular regardless of what it is and where it is from.

?

Not a problem selling Third Reich items in Russia. Germans and Germany is actually quite popular here. This country must be "buyer number one" of Bundeswehr uniforms.

Quote by chuck303 View Post
    I had just had a man from Poland come over my house and try to sell me some reproduction badges he obviously got off of ioffer, his disposition towards my excitement was not a good one. I had met him oncraigslist, and as with all craigslisters
    I had to take caution to be armed, I looked over the badges and told him I didnt want
    them. He then became very angry and said I would and should be shot, he began to
    whinge and whine , so I took my Smith and Wesson and put it right on the table
    right in front of him, I said go ahead........He then became nervous, cursed me,
    said I was a bad person for collecting.
    He probably became whiny because he thought he had found a sucker
    to unload his repros on, but it backfired.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast