Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Selection of TR Patches.

Article about: Stumbled across this little lot, the vest eagle seems good, and so does the NRSL patch although not sure about the Naval Tropical Cap Eagle? Any all opinions would be good, and would £45 be

Default Selection of TR Patches.

Stumbled across this little lot, the vest eagle seems good, and so does the NRSL patch although not sure about the Naval Tropical Cap Eagle?
    Any all opinions would be good, and would £45 be a good price for the three?
    Thanks, Glen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Selection of TR Patches.   Selection of TR Patches.  

Selection of TR Patches.   Selection of TR Patches.  

Selection of TR Patches.  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Selection of TR Patches.
    P
    Many

Default Re: Selection of TR Patches.

Sorry, but I don't like any of them. The head of the Heer sports shirt eagle looks wrong with no detail around the eye and beak/mouth compared to originals I used to own and others I have seen for sale recently. There is some debate about the golden sports award patch and whether these even existed. The tropical KM eagle looks wrong (the fabric and construction) and is in such poor condition that even if it were real it would have very little value, as good condition examples of these are probably the cheapest TR cloth eagles you can get.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hey Jerry, ok i have noted your points down although i still do like the look of the sports eagle as i have also compared it to some original examples... But i don't really know.
    Thanks, Glen.

I also saw an example of the Heer sports eagle with a head like this one, so maybe it's a manufacturers variation. The golden sports eagle might be good, it's just that some of these, in particular the dated types are thought to be fakes or fantasy. I still don't like the KM eagle, but if your happy. It is only my opinion after all.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Yeah thanks Jerry, i respect your opinions and i am glad you have told me your thoughts =D
    Thanks, Glen.

To be honest, I think the sports vest insignia is fine.

I would certainly pass on the cap eagle.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Cheers Ade, would you pass on the cap eagle because of the condition or because its a fake... also what do you think about the NRSL patch?
    Thanks, Glen.

Fake, that is why I would pass.

The sport patch looks OK to me: they were around in quantity 30 years ago, but I never bought one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

OK thanks Ade, the vest eagle is £23 and the NSRL patch which is £24, so a good deal don't you think? =)
    Thanks, Glen.

It is a good Bevo style I have one.
    I also like the sports eagle.
    Eric
    Selection of TR Patches.Selection of TR Patches.
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast