Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Show Finds

Article about: I hit up a local show today and brought back a few items. I'm hoping all are legit, but am unsure of some of them. Help is always appreciated. I picked them up from my usual guys, who are fa

Default Re: Show Finds

The Wound badge is post 1957? What makes you think so? Anything in particular? William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show Finds
    P
    Many

?

M-35 style helmet and no swastika embossed on it.
    If WWII issue it would have swas on it.
    If WWI issue its the M-18 or other WWI German model helmet on it with no swastika.
    If Condor Legion issue it would be WWI helmet with swastika.

I didnt say post 1957 but post WWII and this type in this post is called the 57 issue.
    Offcourse one earned it in WWII but this version was the postwar de nazified version.

Well..they do also show a photo of the reverse side of it, and it seems to clearly show the swaz, I just naturally assumed that it had been de-nazified and ground down on the obverse side.(and, yes-I meant to type post WAR 1957....just a typo,was all!) Interesting! I can't say that I've ever seen a postwar issued wound badge that was made from a war-time issued one before. William
    William

?

oh so pic 2 is the same badge in reverse ? Sorry I thought it was another badge all together so yes my bad, I didnt link pic 2 to pic 10 thats all, and in that case yes you are right, I was wondering why nobody picked pic 10 out as a 1957 issue .... my apologies, Ken

No problem, Ken! William
    William

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Well..they do also show a photo of the reverse side of it, and it seems to clearly show the swaz, I just naturally assumed that it had been de-nazified and ground down on the obverse side.(and, yes-I meant to type post WAR 1957....just a typo,was all!) Interesting! I can't say that I've ever seen a postwar issued wound badge that was made from a war-time issued one before. William
    I know it was confusing to me too.....

oh so pic 2 is the same badge in reverse ? Sorry I thought it was another badge all together so yes my bad, I didnt link pic 2 to pic 10 thats all, and in that case yes you are right, I was wondering why nobody picked pic 10 out as a 1957 issue .... my apologies, Ken

I had to take a second look too lol

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Gottfried. He was apparently a Luftwaffe pilot, but some have disputed that. It isn't disputed that he was in the German military during the war, and a POW. He is an author, and his book is in major book stores. Many records were lost during the chaos following Germany's fall, so who knows. He moved to NY during the 1950's.
    He reminds me a guy I met in the early '90 ties when I went to the Max show.
    He was also a former LW pilot, that got captured early in the war and ended up POW in the US, and staid there.His first name was Herman living in NY, he kept on sending me Christmas cards until a few years ago....He was a fine bloke, offered us hospitality on our US trip back then.
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Quote by sunsetIE View Post
    Cool finds! i cant wait till the local militaria show starts up in november!

im likely wrong as a i know next to nothing about german medals, but could this one possibly be a kriegsmarine award of some type since it has an anchor?
    Not military related badge imo.
    Just a commercial marine badge.
    Try to find the logo...
    I am in to that collecting field as well, but more related to Belgian compagny's. Exeption made for the Stare Lines (Red and White)!
    |<
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3