Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Show Pick Ups

Article about: by Bond I thought linking this thread might help those interested in Heer eagles. http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-l...04/?highlight= Thanks, Mr. Bond. So the verdict is still no good? Als

Default Re: Show Pick Ups

Quote by Bond View Post
    I thought linking this thread might help those interested in Heer eagles.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/heer-...04/?highlight=
    Thanks, Mr. Bond. So the verdict is still no good? Also, what are the other items I have. I know one is off a cap, but what about the eagle? Sorry if I missed anything, but I've been super busy.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show Pick Ups
    P
    Many

Quote by Good Pwny View Post
    Thanks, Mr. Bond. So the verdict is still no good? Also, what are the other items I have. I know one is off a cap, but what about the eagle? Sorry if I missed anything, but I've been super busy.
    Both are from caps, a late war trap and a Kusten art type.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Quote by Dean View Post
    I agree w/ Mr.Bond. This KM BeVo lacks the small step under the wing... Here's one I have to compare with..am I right Bond? as far this certain style goes?. BTW , the others are fine pieces.
    ~Dean
    Sadly Dean, though the stepped wing is usually an indicator of a good eagle, but there are other issues with your example that lead me to think it is a copy.

Compare it with the very similar KA eagle from my collection and notice the areas where it is different.

Some subtle differences but enough for me to think it is wrong, but remember it is only my opinion and others might think differently.

The top eagle is the one I think is original and the lower a copy ( I forgot to label the illustration)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show Pick Ups  
    Regards,

Jerry

?

Ah, I see, Thanks for pointing that detail out.Also the head looks a little smaller than the one you posted..It's a "pigeon-head" I think. I'll have to have a little talk with the dealer I bought it from , as he advertised it as original and he's always honest with me. I doubt he knew it was a copy himself but I'll see if I can get a refund or credit on the next item(of which I'll post photos for advice before buying!) Thanks again,bro.
    ~Dean

This is a pretty good copy from the front with the stepped wing, so easy to get it wrong. I hope you can get a refund or trade it for something else Dean. I always hate to be the bearer of bad news but I am always happy to comment, pm if your posting anything you want looked at, of this type of material.
    Regards,

Jerry

Jerry your expertise on these insignia is much appreciated. Thanks from me too
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2