Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Smoke Troops or Veterinarian?

Article about: I am not sure, when you get into these two branches, of how readily they are identified from one another. I see them around the web with varying descriptions. One would thing the Wehrmacht c

Yup, the saddle bag will be taking up residency in my collection. Hence my search for a piece of veterinary ephemera.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Smoke Troops or Veterinarian?
    P
    Many

So, I finally have these in hand, and here are a couple images under an LED light. The post its are to give some idea of the shade.

Thoughts anyone?

Last set of pics look like smoke troop to me
    D.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Last set of pics look like smoke troop to me
    D.
    I am inclined to agree. Ratisbon's aren't rank amateurs though, so if these are wrongly described, they must be close enough to confuse them. I have seen this shade similarly labeled on other webpages too. It is a tough call but I think nebeltruppen also. I am by no means making a judgement about the integrity nor ability of the folks at Ratisbon's.

So, obviously these are Weitzes' images, but they show the subtle difference in the collar tabs, as opposed to the obvious difference in shoulder boards. The initial pictures I started this thread with are probably the benchmark to use for my set, since that is my set prior to me getting them. The top two images, as evidenced by the shoulder boards, belong to nebeltruppen. The lower two images are of veterinary collar tabs. I am liking mine for veterinarian tabs a little more.

TWS
    ?

Hi Michael. Great that you got them in hand. Based on the photos, I would be inclined to say they look more Nebel than Veterinary but age could have changed the color and darkened them.

I do a lot of business with Ratisbon's and find Klaus to be a stand-up guy. (I wouldn't do all that business with him if he wasn't). However, over a long period of time I have differed with his call on a Waffenfarbe probably 3-4 times. That is just each of us making our best educated guess and not a matter of integrity. Always the difficult colors when manufacturers variations and effects of aging come into play.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2