Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Some help with an Undershirt

Article about: Hello all, I bought this recently and it looks okay to me. I’m going off the fact that I haven’t seen many repros of these other than for reenacting purposes. It tested well with the bur

Default Some help with an Undershirt

Hello all, I bought this recently and it looks okay to me. I’m going off the fact that I haven’t seen many repros of these other than for reenacting purposes. It tested well with the burn test, has some stains but they are hard to see as I think is has been recently washed. I got it pretty cheap but would like just to be 100% sure that is good. All opinions are greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

I think the only stamp says 1941 although that’s just a blind shot because the stamp is very hard to read. I took photos of what I though was helpful but if you need better or close up pictures just ask.

Cheers and Happy Collecting,
    Bodhi E.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some help with an Undershirt
    P
    Many

I’m pretty sure this is a Swedish undershirt. Most Swedish stuff is cheap and not often reproduced. I can’t make out the date from the picture but it does appear original. Nice find

Thanks for the help, it was being sold as German so normally I’d be a little upset but it was honestly cheap enough to the point that is was a bargain even for a Swedish one. Good to know and thanks for the help!

Cheers,
    Bodhi

Correct - note the Swedish crown in the stamp. German shirts normally have a size marking like this; I II III. NH