Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this an SS cap eagle?

Article about: First off let me apologise. I am a long term member, I’m not wanting to know the value and I have looked at other threads but have been unable to find a conclusive answer. This is not my nor

Default Is this an SS cap eagle?

First off let me apologise. I am a long term member, I’m not wanting to know the value and I have looked at other threads but have been unable to find a conclusive answer. This is not my normal collecting area and I do not normally venture this far North on the forum so I apologise if I have gotten any of the terminology wrong.

I recently bought a job lot of militaria and this badge was amongst it. There were a variety of items, mainly WW2 but no other WW2 German items. From my initial research it would appear to an Eagle for an officers cap, although I would gladly be put straight if this is not the case. It would appear to be ground dug and I can not find any markings on it. It is clearly missing its pins and is in poor condition. On the back of the swastika is a raised circle, this appears to from the moulding as opposed to solder as it is perfectly circular.
    It hasn’t cost me anything as it was not my intended purchase, if it’s real then it’s a nice addition, if not then I’ve not lost anything.
    It has about a 67mm wing span and is about 3mm in depth.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Is this an SS cap eagle?   Is this an SS cap eagle?  

Is this an SS cap eagle?   Is this an SS cap eagle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this an SS cap eagle?
    P
    Many

It is a Heer cap eagle.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Many thanks Ralph (explains why I couldn’t identify it in the SS forum!)

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Many thanks Ralph (explains why I couldn’t identify it in the SS forum!)
    I will move your thread to the Heer section.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)