MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS panzer pin ,real ?

Article about: I am certain that the one of silver colour is real , but is the one of dark colour and that has a round nose beside this unique colour ? Also i assume that the silver one is from the first v

Default SS panzer pin ,real ?

SS panzer pin ,real ?

I am certain that the one of silver colour is real , but is the one of dark colour and that has a round nose beside this unique colour ?
    Also i assume that the silver one is from the first versions perhaps from the decades of 20 and 30 ? I also know that there is several types of pins.

Here is the text of the person that sold to me .

"all right, these items were found in Latvia, near the city of Liepaja, There I found the tank badge,and ID tags(erkennungsmarke) Panzer Regiment 36. this regiment surrendered to Russian in 1945. my ebay lots he sold
    Dima.
    "

I have tried to look for this battle ,and nothing,and if Panzer Regiment 36 (assuming that is from Heer and not a SS) ,but i cannot find anything written confirming the presence of this Regiment . Is it exactly from a SS panzer crew or a Heer Panzer crew , or a SS official cap ? I know it is hard to respond .

I payed 83.00 euros for both , were they expensive according the market ? Because for me this type of items have no cost.
    Thank you all .

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS panzer pin ,real ?
    P
    Many

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Although your photo is small and we can not see the reverse, I believe these are both original Heer collar tab totenkopf.
    What are they worth? Well, as much as you are willing to pay for a ground dug relic.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    Hello and welcome to the forum!
    Although your photo is small and we can not see the reverse, I believe these are both original Heer collar tab totenkopf.
    What are they worth? Well, as much as you are willing to pay for a ground dug relic.
    Ralph.
    Thank you Ralph for your response. And what do you know about my Historical facts ?

Quote by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    Thank you Ralph for your response. And what do you know about my Historical facts ?
    I do not know very much about your facts but I would be looking at a Heer Panzer unit in that area at that time, not SS.
    There are others here who will be able to assist you better in this area.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Quote by rbminis View Post
    I do not know very much about your facts but I would be looking at a Heer Panzer unit in that area at that time, not SS.
    There are others here who will be able to assist you better in this area.
    Ralph.
    Ok .
    Im assuming that the type of my item is refered to a pin cap of a crew from Panzer regiments from Werchmarcht then and not SS .
    About the Historical facts we cannot forget that there was 2 SS Panzer Division of Latvia .
    Could you indicate to me a member of this comunity that could help me with this questions then ?

Here is the text of the person that sold to me .

"all right, these items were found in Latvia, near the city of Liepaja, There I found the tank badge,and ID tags(erkennungsmarke) Panzer Regiment 36. this regiment surrendered to Russian in 1945. my ebay lots he sold
    Dima.
    "

I have tried to look for this battle ,and nothing,and if Panzer Regiment 36 (assuming that is from Heer and not a SS) ,but i cannot find anything written confirming the presence of this Regiment . Is it exactly from a SS panzer crew or a Heer Panzer crew , or a SS official cap ? I know it is hard to respond

Im assuming that the type of my item is refered to a pin cap of a crew from Panzer regiments from Werchmarcht then and not SS .
    About the Historical facts we cannot forget that there was 2 SS Panzer Division of Latvia .
    Actually, the two Latvian divisions were Grenadier-, not Panzer divisions.

Anyway, the original Panzer-Regiment 36 of the Heer (not the Waffen-SS) was raised in 1938 and wiped out at Stalingrad.

The unit was then re-formed in France in 1943 and sent to Russia again, fighting at Cherkassy and Kirowgrad.

In August 1944, it was transferred to Army Group North and, from October 1944 on, fought in Kurland [Kurzeme]. At the end of the war in May 1945, the regiment was at Libau [Liepāja].

The skulls are collar patch devices as worn by Army troops on the black tankers' uniform, not SS cap badges.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Actually, the two Latvian divisions were Grenadier-, not Panzer divisions.

Anyway, the original Panzer-Regiment 36 of the Heer (not the Waffen-SS) was raised in 1938 and wiped out at Stalingrad.

The unit was then re-formed in France in 1943 and sent to Russia again, fighting at Cherkassy and Kirowgrad.

In August 1944, it was transferred to Army Group North and, from October 1944 on, fought in Kurland [Kurzeme]. At the end of the war in May 1945, the regiment was at Libau [Liepāja].

The skulls are collar patch devices as worn by Army troops on the black tankers' uniform, not SS cap badges.

Yes, Waffen SS Grenadiers only .
    Thank you for the rest .

?

Exclamation

SS skulls, regardless of size, Always had the lower jaw.
    The Heer skulls Never had the lower jaw.
    Thus very easy to tell the difference.
    Sarge

Quote by Sarge View Post
    SS skulls, regardless of size, Always had the lower jaw.
    The Heer skulls Never had the lower jaw.
    Thus very easy to tell the difference.
    Sarge
    And what about the round nose of my dark nose pin ?

?

Question

Never paid any attention to that feature.
    Are there any markings on the back of either skull?
    Sarge

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast