Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Stalingrad crosses, just bought.

Article about: Hello, just bought these two crosses. For the first I want to know if they are original, if you think they are, how many were made? Are there different classes? Seen some with blue color ins

Default Stalingrad crosses, just bought.

Hello, just bought these two crosses.
    For the first I want to know if they are original, if you think they are, how many were made?
    Are there different classes? Seen some with blue color inside the crosses...
    I haven’t seen the crosses before I bought these but I have red about the story and it fascinates me... so of course I wanted them.
    But now I am a little bit curious, if they are original I think they are quite rare? Or am I wrong?
    Thanks for the help.
    Ps: I haven’t got them
    In my hands yet so I can’t take any more photos.
    Kind regards Andreas
    Stalingrad crosses, just bought.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalingrad crosses, just bought.
    P
    Many

You may find this thread useful:

Stalingrad cross found

Regards, B.B.

Got the crosses home today. They look original... I read the thread that been posted earlier in the thread. But still I have questions... are there different classes of the Stalingrad cross? Different colors inside? My has no color as you can see, but they are over 70 years old so that could be the answer.. I also got an info sheet about the 44 infantry regement, but I don’t know so much German that I can translate.. more info is very welcome! Anything is useful. Kind regards Andreas

Quote by Andreas5514 View Post
    But still I have questions... are there different classes of the Stalingrad cross?
    There are no classes, as this was not an award, just a shoulder board device worn by the divisional staff of the 44. Infanteriedivision and all personnel of Grenadierregiment 134 and its replacement battalion.

The badge was normally stamped from grey light metal and hollow-backed; solid versions with polished details also existed as extra-quality badges for private-purchase uniforms.

This is the backside? Do they seem to be original from
    What you guys can see of the photos? How rare are they? Does anyone have a clue of how many there were made? I have some other documents and awards that the seller told me that they were from the same soldier. I am gonna see if I can figure out the name, otherwise I post photos of the documents and maybe some can translate for me. Kind regards and thanks for the help! //A

Stalingrad crosses, just bought.Stalingrad crosses, just bought.

Can someone tell me their thoughts about original or fake? //A

As HP said, most were stamped out of thin gray metal, with the front basically the same color as the rear. These clearly show some kind of silver wash on the front. The wash leads me to believe these are probably reproductions IMHO.

Jay