MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Stores for authentic German 2ww gear

Article about: Hi dear gentlemen, Can you recommend any good stores to but real German stuff like uniforms, daggers and so on? I look at ebay a lot but it seems to me that most of the gear there are sold l

[QUOTE=MAP;1555115]As noted, the classified here are a place to look. Also, the forum sponsors. For helmets here are a list of good dealers. Just post here BEFORE buying and stay away from champagne SS decaled helmets if they are on any of these

I have become aware that there is a rumor going around the Internet that the champagne SS decals are fake. This may be the case with some but is not the case with others. Long before faking these things became an industry, I vet purchased at least four champagne decaled SS helmets in the 1960's and early 1970's. I don't want to start a fight with anyone but this is a fact pure and simple.
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 01-06-2016 at 01:27 AM.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stores for authentic German 2ww gear
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

No fight from me Bob and bow to your experiences.

There is a pretty detailed analysis from Doug back in Nov over at GHW. I'm no expert so will leave to each to form their own opinions but for non expert and less experienced collectors I think it is safe to say that there should be extreme caution with these decals.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    No fight from me Bob and bow to your experiences.

There is a pretty detailed analysis from Doug back in Nov over at GHW. I'm no expert so will leave to each to form their own opinions but for non expert and less experienced collectors I think it is safe to say that there should be extreme caution with these decals.
    I can only attest to what I personally know and have handled from a time long ago before everything became over analyzed. I have great respect for Doug and his knowledge. However, if he believes all of the champagne decals are fake, I can only strongly disagree.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SV Militaria is operated by Karl Kithier here in the US. I just purchased a Heer artillery visor cap from him that was exactly what I wanted and priced appropriately. He has reasonable prices but I don't know about shipping to Norway. You might be better off working with UK dealers as suggested. NH

Actually genuine items can be found on E Bay, although few and far between they do exist and at a fraction of dealer cost.
    It depends if you are willing to sit, search and wait.
    It is always wise to post on here anything you are looking at for conformation.
    If you want it quick, one of the listed dealers will help.

Quote by Neil Hever View Post
    SV Militaria is operated by Karl Kithier here in the US. I just purchased a Heer artillery visor cap from him that was exactly what I wanted and priced appropriately. He has reasonable prices but I don't know about shipping to Norway. You might be better off working with UK dealers as suggested. NH
    Ok. Shipping is not a problem since I have a us adress☺. What about gunbroker??

MAP
    ?

IMHO gun broker is a slightly better version of fleabay. You can get decent stuff but need to be very careful.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2