Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Strange put-together fliegerbluse

Article about: Hi guys, I am just trying to learn a thing or two about tunics here. What's up with this one? It looks like someone just threw together a bunch of original stuff without doing their homework

Default Strange put-together fliegerbluse

Hi guys,

I am just trying to learn a thing or two about tunics here. What's up with this one? It looks like someone just threw together a bunch of original stuff without doing their homework.

My observation is that it is all orginal parts, but that it has been messed with extensively. The collar tab rank does not match the shoulderboards. The lining is gone, too. Also, what's up with the buttons? Are they late replacements?

Constructive conversation is welcome, gentlemen. I just want to learn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Strange put-together fliegerbluse   Strange put-together fliegerbluse  

Strange put-together fliegerbluse   Strange put-together fliegerbluse  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Strange put-together fliegerbluse
    P
    Many

Default Re: Strange put-together fliegerbluse

Hi Obkrieger!It's a put-together rag!Even if it was Von Student's I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole...and wouldn't like it in my collection!
    Better save for something really worthy of your collection...and there's plenty of Fliegerblusen out there!
    Horrido!

I'm saving, I just want to know what this is exactly.

Was I correct in thinking that someone just put this together without doing their homework?

My guess is a former POW or post war civvy used blouse, which has then been "restored".

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It could be everything Ober,including what Ade's suggested!The slits for the belt hooks are there and that would suggest a heavily worn,beaten four-pocket Tuchrock clumsily put together.After the War many uniforms were modified to be wiorn by civilians or the former soldiers,and my guess is that it's a post-War modified garment!
    Discussing such an item could occupy the bandwith for ages in that it could even be an uniform issued to the Volksturm (most likely without the tresse and the yellow tabs)...we'll never know for sure!
    Horrido!

Thanks for your help guys!