Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SVmilitaria M44 tunic.

Article about: by Stu W Hello Will, Have you read all the responses to your other thread asking about info on that dealer? Regards, Stu Does he have a bad reputation? I emailed him last year about an item

?

Thanks Ade! Im just curious to which one do you think has the best deal. Im only 13 so Im very limited on money.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SVmilitaria M44 tunic.
    P
    Many

?

Don't be too keen to spend it all. Reference books in the area you are interested in are always a good investment as is searching the forum and asking questions if the search facility doesn't provide the answers.

I can appreciate how keen you are and if you have money to spend on militaria it is very hard not to but please trust me, take your time, do some research, look around and spend what you have sensibly, not speedily.

If you have to ask which is the best deal, I suggest you could do with a little more time researching and understanding the differences. Once you do, you can make decisions like that.

Do you want a Luftwaffe tunic to dress up with Luftwaffe awards and accoutrements or a Coastal Artillery tunic to add Kriegsmarine bits and pieces to? There are so many different aspects to consider before going and buying a tunic. You may regret just buying 'any' tunic in a few months time when a better one comes along and you have used your funds up on an impulse buy.

For the record, if it was me, I would forget about the M44.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I saw that M-44 on Karl's site to me it looks like a reworked Dutch tunic used by the German. They did rework a lot of Foreign tunics as illustrated in J Phillip book Feldbluse. Just my opinion of it. timothy

Sound advice as ever from Adrian.

Books are a vital part of the collectors armoury.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Well im going to Normnady in June so ill get some reference books for WW2 german tunics and helmets. Thank for the advice. I really like the Luftwaffe tunic, but correct me if im wrong, that the coastal artillery tunits were spread along the Atlantik Wall. On the downside the Coastal artillery tunic is missing the Shoulderboards.

Enjoy your trip to Normandy! Make the most of this and talk to as many Veterans as you can.

You are correct on the Coastal tunic. Shoulder straps should not be to hard to find, but it all adds to the cost.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by WillC View Post
    Well im going to Normnady in June so ill get some reference books for WW2 german tunics and helmets.
    Another word of advice, ebay and Amazon are a good source of reasonably priced reference books. Normandy prices are very expensive because of the tourist factor. That applies to anything associated with the war, don't get caught up in the moment of buying something from Normandy just because it is in Normandy!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

as usual good advice given,I don't like the m44 should have straight cut pockets.

Hello,
    In my opinion, the "M44" Feldbluse is rather a privately purchased/locally tailored garment patterned after the real M44 Feldbluse. In my opinion again, considering the photos posted, the best deal for you would be the KM one...but as usual, more photos are needed to help you out...
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    as usual good advice given,I don't like the m44 should have straight cut pockets.
    Hello harry,
    I have seen a perfectly original M44 Feldbluse that had triangular shaped pocket flaps, not scalloped like this garment, but triangular...it is true to say that the vast majority of M44 Feldblusen have straight flaps, but some other things can be seen sometimes...I know a Drillichrock that has also triangular shaped flaps.
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast