Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans

Article about: Looking for some info regarding the Swedish M1909 style coats being imported and issued to the German Army. I know some officer versions were private purchases, but I am more interested in t

Here are some Norwegians...
    Photos posted on FB
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans   Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans
    P
    Many

Dietl and his coat :-)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans   Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans  

Quote by meyle77 View Post
    Dietl and his coat :-)
    Interesting.
    It is definitely tailored for him specially.
    Very nice.
    Do you know when the photo is from?

As you can see on the photos below - the button holes are different.
    Among other differences.
    Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the GermansSwedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans

Those photos were posted on WAF by NickG.
    The coat worn by the Luftwaffe officer behind appears to be the m1905 aka m1909.
    The coat worn by Dietl appears to be either Swedish officer version or modified private purchase.
    The one below could be a private purchase or tailored original but in the EM/NCO version.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans  

Hmm, your last photos. There is something wrong - look at the "belt" around the waist.
    It is in my opinion a part of the coat, and is certainly a private purchase choice or a modification.
    But it is in the same colour as the coat, and looks to be integrated into the design.

In regards to Dietls coat.
    I noticed, that the colour of the thread in the button holes, don't match the thread used in other parts of the coat.
    It could be, that the camera used and the lighting is messing with my eyes. Another strange observation I made is the vertical line down the middle of the coat. Certainly there has been made some major modifications to the front of the coat.

Yes, the belt and shoulder boards are add-ons but the coat started as m1905 aka m1909 of sorts.

As to Dietl, it is surely a custom piece of sorts.

I am looking for any GJ photos showing them using the Livpals but no lack yet.
    Last edited by meyle77; 10-11-2016 at 01:06 AM.

Following this thread with interest. Here is mine,

Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans   Swedish M1909 Style coats in use by the Germans  

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Following this thread with interest. Here is mine,
    nice - any other stamps ?

I've had a good look and I can't find any other stamps. Interestingly I bought a job lot at auction and it came with a 1945 dated British Reeefer jacket (1945 British REEFER JACKET) and a 1945 dated Denison smock (Sten MkV and a few British Airborne pieces).

Interesting - thanks

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast