Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

techn. vorschule d.luftwaffe dessau cloth

Article about: thanx for the replies!!

Default techn. vorschule d.luftwaffe dessau cloth

was this a platform for HJ members advancing to luftwaffe?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture techn. vorschule d.luftwaffe dessau cloth  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement techn. vorschule d.luftwaffe dessau cloth
    P
    Many

?

Interesting patch. A first for me.

Quote by bittaker View Post
    was this a platform for HJ members advancing to luftwaffe?
    These training establishments originated with a training program for Militär-Lehrlinge [military apprentices]. Accepted at about 14 or 15 years of age, these boys underwent 4 years of training as aircraft technicians or aircraft engine mechanics in aircraft manufacturing companies, with heavy involvement from the Reichsluftfahrtministerium [National Air Ministry] (RLM). Upon graduation, they had to sign up for 4 years of service with the Luftwaffe, which was extended to 12 years if they became NCOs.

In 1938, this evolved into said Fliegertechnische Vorschulen der Luftwaffe [Aviation Technical Preparatory Schools of the Air Force]. These were now actual military installations; the students were re-designated as Militärschüler [military students].

In a quite typical way for for the Third Reich, there were constant clashes between the RLM and the Reichsjugendführung [National Youth Leadership] (RJF), as the latter demanded full responsibility for all kinds of pre-military training to be laid into the hands of the Hitler Youth. Eventually, it was to decided to transfer the schools to HJ control in 1943, which was, however, not immediately implemented.

In mid-1944, the schools were re-designated as Technische Vorschulen der Luftwaffe [Technical Preparatory Schools of the Air Force], the training program having long diversified into other specialities, with students now also trained as electrical mechanics, precision mechanics, machinists etc.

In the autumn of 1944, the schools were finally transferred to the HJ, undergoing one last name change to Ausbildungsheime der Flieger-HJ [Training Homes of the Flying HJ].

At all times, the students were members of the HJ.

nice one.

HPL, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a human being!! I believe that you are a computer??? Where do you dig up all this information??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????? Brilliant!!!
    Regards MR

?

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    HPL, I have come to the conclusion that you are not a human being!! I believe that you are a computer??? Where do you dig up all this information??????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????? Brilliant!!!
    Regards MR
    Bletchley Park had Colossus, later years had Big Blue......, ppfffffhh, they have nothing on us - we have 'der Andreas' of hitherto unimaginable historic computer power!!

......so there ;-)

Yes Scout I think you are right!!!

Quote by Michael Ryan View Post
    Where do you dig up all this information?
    The above information came from the Luftwaffe volume of Angolia & Schlicht's Uniforms and Traditions... series (specifically, from the 1999 German edition), where the development of these training establishments is neatly described. These are older books, but still very much standard references. I, for one, use them a lot.

Hi Andreas, Thank you for the Referense. Regards MR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast