Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Are these armbands original?

Article about: The last of my collection of armbands. What do you guys think?

Default Re: Are these armbands original?

I hesitate to be the dissenter, but there's So many fake HJ's out there today, and I really don't feel very positive about this particular one. Truthfully, I can't recall ever seeing one with the black thread poking out from under the diamond like this one has. It's a shame that the black-light tests are no longer reliable.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these armbands original?
    P
    Many

?

It's a shame, I'm gunna stick to my guns on this one.....it's a very nice repro, but if it being sold as original it certainly a fake.....just looks too much like the repro I saw for sale for 25 bucks last week

I would like to see better pics please of the HJ. Front, back, and clear pics of the (inside) Like this please.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

nice original hj armband, even though the pictures could be better you can see its an original imo!

i don't like to be a dissenter here either. and i first glance i was going to go against Wagriff's opinion, but on closer examination of some originals i am more inclined to join him in his discomfort.

i am somewhat put off by the stitching and quality of materials here. even the weave of the red material overall and elsewhere is "coarser" and lacks the specific geometry of what i am accustomed to seeing if you look very closely back and forth between the two.

perhaps it's just not as "textbook" as the originals in my collection, but nonetheless, i am not comfortable with it from what i can see.

compare to this:

difference in weave:

i'll stop short of calling it a copy perhaps, but i don't like seeing differences. my HJ armbands have a different weave than this example.
    the rhomboid is also stitched in a much finer manner to the armband in my examples than what is seen here.

maybe i'm a little too paranoid here. but i can see Wagriff's concerns. a variant perhaps? or a copy.

guys i really apologize. rather than delete my posts and the fact that i am looking at the WRONG armband here, and try to hide my shame, i'll simply apologize and you guys can carry on from there.

i am comparing my armband to Eric Zentner's! and i trust that he knows his armband!

carry on!

apologies for my foolishness. sometimes you run on too little sleep, you know?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2