Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Are these German and what rank

Article about: I am new to this forum - found it while trying to research some items that were given to me. I have 2 patches and a pin that I am not sure what they are. Please let me know if this is the wr

Default Are these German and what rank

I am new to this forum - found it while trying to research some items that were given to me.

I have 2 patches and a pin that I am not sure what they are.

Please let me know if this is the wrong forum for this post.

These were given to me by my father recently. He does not remember much about them.

Can anyone tell me if they are German and what rank they signify? Hopefully the scans are not too bad.

I also have two flags - one German, one Japanese - and a piece of cloth with an eagle and swastika on it. Do you think that it would be worth my while to upload photos to see if anyone can tell me if they are of any interest? If so, please let me know the correct forum for that request. I do not wish to insult anyone by posting to the wrong forum.

Are these German and what rankAre these German and what rankAre these German and what rank

Thank you all in advance,
    Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Are these German and what rank
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Are these German and what rank

#1 German collar tab for enlisted dress uniform.
    #2 German privates rank pip for summer uniform
    #3 Lapel button for honorable discharge from US military WWII.
    Post the pictures of the other items they probably have a fair value but must be seen.

?

Hi Paul, welcome to the forum.
    Steve is correct with his comments above. The Honourable Discharge button is also known as 'the Ruptured Duck'.
    Please upload your other items so the guys here can give you their opinions.
    I suggest you post the German flag in the Field Equipment sub forum and the Japanese flag in the Axis Militaria section. The piece of cloth with eagle and swastika might be a sports vest badge so post it here.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Just to add a bit more info... the rank pip is the German rank of Oberschütze, which is kind of in-between the ranks of private and private first class. Here is a good link:

World War II German Army Ranks and Insignia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by SteveR View Post
    #1 German collar tab for enlisted dress uniform.
    #2 German privates rank pip for summer uniform
    #3 Lapel button for honorable discharge from US military WWII.
    Post the pictures of the other items they probably have a fair value but must be seen.
    SteveR,

Thanks, I wasn't expecting anything so quickly.

Item #1 - so that has no rank associated with it? Or is "enlisted" same as private?

I have attached a scan of the piece of cloth with the eagle. The pink background is just a pice of paper I put behind it so it would show up better. The colors are reversed on the back side of it. Probably part of a flag maybe? Probably not of interest since it was torn from something?

Also, do you or anyone else know a ballpark figure on the value of these? Or, do you know of a dealer online that you trust that I could talk to about value?

Wow, was replying to SteveR and before I submitted the post, I noticed the other two replies.

Will definitely post the flags to the other forums later as I am at work and don't have them with me. Will have to take a photo of them since they are too big for my scanner.

Thank you to all for your expertise, you can't get this kind of info "googling" these online.
    Paul
    Are these German and what rank

Quote by sykomac View Post
    I have attached a scan of the piece of cloth with the eagle. The pink background is just a pice of paper I put behind it so it would show up better. The colors are reversed on the back side of it. Probably part of a flag maybe? Probably not of interest since it was torn from something?

Hello,
    It was torn from a sport vest.
    This big patch was worn on the front of the sport vest
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

It looks very dark blue on my screen so for the KM (navy).

Regards,

Jerry
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.