Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

thinking of helga from ello ello

Article about: Anyone remember Helgas breif (no punn intended) replacement? Pvt Sternbows or somthing like that! towards the end of the series. I bet Ned will have a pic of her Tall girls allways scared me

Reg
    ?

Default Re: thinking of helga from ello ello

Anyone remember Helgas breif (no punn intended) replacement? Pvt Sternbows or somthing like that! towards the end of the series.

I bet Ned will have a pic of her

Tall girls allways scared me

Reg

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thinking of helga from ello ello
    P
    Many

Hi Ian, on a serious note, the whole subject of German womens uniform is fairly neglected. It has never recieved much coverage in books. Certainly the best coverage on Luftwaffe women's uniform is in Brian Davis' book. But Heer uniforms has only got minimal coverage elsewhere. The subject of underclothes has not been covered at all as far as I know? I suspect very few garments actually survive today. This type of thing was worn to destruction due to post war shortages.

The British equivilent, the ATS, has had coverage. My wife collects this arm of service. Their underwear, which I imagine would to similar to their German counterparts, comprised of a girdle type suspender belt, thick woolen stockings, vest, bra and panties. These are not exactly inspiring....

Cheers, Ade.

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Their underwear, which I imagine would to similar to their German counterparts, comprised of a girdle type suspender belt, thick woolen stockings, vest, bra and panties. These are not exactly inspiring....

Cheers, Ade.
    Depends what floats your boat Ade !!!!!!!!!!!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Further reference material:

(No; unfortunately this title does not really exist...)
    Attached Images Attached Images thinking of helga from ello ello 

This is the type of info which must exist somewhere. Here is the British ATS listings. Someone must have the German equivilent?

Pantees, ATS : "Plain knit white wool/cotton; elastic replaced by cotton band and button"

Knickers, ATS : "Material, khaki rayon locknit with kite gusset; glossy finish only; elimination of elastic at knee."

Pantees, cellular, tropical, ATS : "White rayon/cotton cellular; elastic at waist; plain knitted."

Knickers, P.T., ATS : "Same material as shirts, P.T., in chocolate brown, elimination of elastic at knee."

Pants, ATS : "White, woolen, long; elimination of elastic at waist."

Shirts, P.T., ATS : "Cotton/Fibro; attached collar; short sleeves, beech brown trimmed with chocolate brown"

Brassiere, ATS : "Change of pattern to co-ordinate production with W.A.A.F., up to 38"-inch bust only; cotton batiste, peach colour."

Brassiere, TROPICAL, ATS : "Light weight balloon fabric; cotton; white."

Corselettes, ATS : "For large figures, 40"-, 42"-, and 44"-inch bust; cotton batiste, peach colour, elastic side-panels"

Belts, Corset, ATS : "Short pattern; peach, cotton, with elastic panels; four suspender ends"

Belts, Corset, TROPICAL, ATS : "Sellular material of peach colour cotton, elastic side-panels; four suspender ends"

Belts, Sanitary, ATS : "White double light weight cotton fabric, later interlined with swansdown"

Vest, ATS : "1/1 rib wool/cotton, white"

Vest, cellular, TROPICAl, ATS : "White rayaon/cotton cellular; opera tops"

Vest, STRING : "Hand-knitted for snow areas"

Cheers, Ade.

ian
    ?

good god help us and i thought the WRAC had it bad
    thanks adrian once again lets see what pops up for the german girls eh
    very interestik

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2