Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?

Article about: What do you guys think? M44 Style RAD Officer?

?

Default Thoughts on RAD Officer's Tunic...

What do you guys think in regards to this RAD Officer Tunic? Feel pretty good about it but thought I would post to see what you all thought. I believe the blue (sanitätsblau) collar tab backing and shoulder board piping is for officer rank of "Oberstfeldmeister.” unless I am mistaken. I will lean to JPhilippe, Wilhelm, Bob Coleman, Gwar and other tunic experts to confirm my knowledge or correct me on this. Thanks for your opinions and data in advance.

[/ATTACH]thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-20-2016 at 01:17 AM.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?
    P
    Many

?

This tunic is way beyond my scope... Wim. could possibly shed some light on this unique specimen..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

MAP
    ?

Looks NIB but agree with G. I've no clue.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Okay. Thanks guys. Greg the fellow collector in MN here I am picking it up from has had it in his collection for quite a few years. Based on my limited knowledge it looks fine to me but I will wait for Jphilippe, Bob Coleman, Wilhelm & others to also weigh in on what I have here. It is in fairly nice shape from what I can see. What do the letters stamped in tunic liner "MSA Sch He" represent? Is that the maker and location I am assuming. The inside pocket liner has BULAG and numbers which I assume are sizing and year of Mfg? Thanks for looking. Appreciate it.

Rossi
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-20-2016 at 01:18 AM.

?

Yes Kirk... That is what throws me off... The Abv. MSA Sch He.. I tried to do some fact finding on this and came up empty handed... BULAG as well... Nil.. The cut seems odd to me and the absence of the armband.
    I went back and searched some of Wim. threads especially the RAD tunics survey and could not find any resemblance to this piece... This does not mean anything other than I personally could not find another example... I have some ideas but will post later when more qualified individuals cast their ideas into the pot.. G

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Yes Kirk... That is what throws me off... The Abv. MSA Sch He.. I tried to do some fact finding on this and came up empty handed... BULAG as well... Nil.. The cut seems odd to me and the absence of the armband.
    I went back and searched some of Wim. threads especially the RAD tunics survey and could not find any resemblance to this piece... This does not mean anything other than I personally could not find another example... I have some ideas but will post later when more qualified individuals cast their ideas into the pot.. G
    Having no armband does not bother me as much. I have seen period photos where tunics in wear did not have an armband on the soldier. Bulag I have seen inside other tunics per the attached and this photo was sent to me by a fellow RAD collector friend from his tunic. This piece is some what of a mystery to me but I am sure someone will have some ideas as well. I really have no doubt it is a period piece and not post war but see what the masses think. I am not sure until I get it in hand tomorrow and can look at it first. Thanks!

Rossi
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?  

?

Quote by Rossi View Post
    Having no armband does not bother me as much. I have seen period photos where tunics in wear did not have an armband on the soldier. Bulag I have seen inside other tunics per the attached and this photo was sent to me by a fellow RAD collector friend from his tunic. This piece is some what of a mystery to me but I am sure someone will have some ideas as well. I really have no doubt it is a period piece and not post war but see what the masses think. Maybe it is a ginned up post war tunic with the collar tabs, shoulder boards and sleeve patch sewn in? I am not sure until I get it in hand tomorrow and can look at it first. Thanks!

Rossi
    I must agree !! Lets hope it is a "Great Find" that needs a brocade and a dagger !!

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    I must agree !! Lets hope it is a "Great Find" that needs a brocade and a dagger !!
    I have an armband here, the RAD Officer Dagger & RAD Brocade for it should it be a good one and a keeper. Hoping someone has some details and provenance on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?   thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?  

?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Maybe When Wim weighs in we will know more for certain along with others. If this is a period tunic it has to be made later war. I do remember reading that later war there was material and possibly styling changes in some cases with Italy where materials colors were combined, etc...with certain tunics for branches. Again I am not too sure about this one but hoping she is a good one. It is odd I am not finding pictures anywhere period or via reference. We will know soon. I am Going to see it tomorrow so I will hopefully know by then if it is something to pursue or not. Be well and thanks! The fun of the data and info hunt has been good for me to learn more though as an exercise.

Hello,

Isn't the M38 an acceptance date ? It looks like an early tunic cut down and refigured.

Fred

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast