Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?

Article about: What do you guys think? M44 Style RAD Officer?

?

Quote by Fred Green View Post
    Hello,

Isn't the M38 an acceptance date ? It looks like an early tunic cut down and refigured.

Fred
    Yes...I am sure it probably is Fred. I am grasping on this one as it is not an area I am extremely strong in. I was mistaken most likely in thinking 42 was the acceptance year so my bad there. Would it have been cut down to fit a wee man officer or what would be the reasoning behind the reconfiguration or alteration? Appreciate you weighing in on it. Have a super night. I hope to see it and take closer pictures when I have it in hand tomorrow.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?
    P
    Many

I think also a cut down tunic thinking the m38 is the year it was made

In my opinion the tunic is re-built or made from material from another type
    of tunic. I will go through my material to see if a type like this was ever told
    about in my RAD-material. I remember having seen, but do not know where.
    It is anyway a waist-jacket and with this surely no brocade and/or dagger
    were worn!

The abbreviation "MSA Sch Ho" reminds me to Motor-SA Schule Hochland
    or something like that, but then it must be made from a tunic from about
    1934 or so, as before September 17, 1934 they existed, but then were
    renamed into Motorsportschulen des NSKK.

The abbreviation "Fü" may stand for Reichsarbeitsdienst-Bekleidungsamt Fürth,
    where it was stocked? It says also June 1939 (6 39). The re-building may have taken
    place during the war.

The jacket reminds for the Feldbluse 44 as introduced for the Armed Forces,
    but also was in use by the DRK and RAD, then known as Helferinnen-Tuchbluse 44.
    The shown jacket has a males closure however. Cannot find an indication it was
    worn by RAD males also, but we do not know all, isn't!

Army-type:
    thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic? thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?
    The shown jacket has arms like the army-type.

RAD-type for females:

I have not ever seen a waist jacket as this, being actually worn. Nor by a male,
    neither by a female. Anyway not within the RAD-organisation.
    Later in the war the brown material used for the collar, was no longer used and
    the collar was from the same material as the rest of the tunic or whatever.

By the way: why isn't this thread/post not in the proper thread "non-combat"?
    Maybe a moderator can put it where it belongs!
    Last edited by Wilhelm Saris; 09-20-2016 at 11:30 AM.

?

Quote by Wilhelm Saris View Post
    In my opinion the tunic is re-built or made from material from another type
    of tunic. I will go through my material to see if a type like this was ever told
    about in my RAD-material. I remember having seen, but do not know where.
    It is anyway a waist-jacket and with this surely no brocade and/or dagger
    were worn!

The abbreviation "MSA Sch Ho" reminds me to Motor-SA Schule Hochland
    or something like that, but then it must be made from a tunic from about
    1934 or so, as before September 17, 1934 they existed, but then were
    renamed into Motorsportschulen des NSKK.

The abbreviation "Fü" may stand for Reichsarbeitsdienst-Bekleidungsamt Fürth,
    where it was stocked? It says also June 1939 (6 39). The re-building may have taken
    place during the war.

The jacket reminds for the Feldbluse 44 as introduced for the Armed Forces,
    but also was in use by the DRK and RAD, then known as Helferinnen-Tuchbluse 44.
    The shown jacket has a males closure however. Cannot find an indication it was
    worn by RAD males also, but we do not know all, isn't!

Army-type:
    thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic? thoughts on this RAD Officer's M44 Tunic?
    The shown jacket has arms like the army-type.

RAD-type for females:

I have not ever seen a waist jacket as this, being actually worn. Nor by a male,
    neither by a female. Anyway not within the RAD-organisation.
    Later in the war the brown material used for the collar, was no longer used and
    the collar was from the same material as the rest of the tunic or whatever.

By the way: why isn't this thread/post not in the proper thread "non-combat"?
    Maybe a moderator can put it where it belongs!
    Thank you Wim for the details. I will see the jacket today and decide if it is worth picking up. The second image of the liner in thread in my response to Gwar is from a friends jacket showing more stamps with the BULAG copy. The FU stamped image is not for the jacket I am reviewing. Based on what you have said & others it is a altered / cut down jacket that is authentic and most likely made in 1938. Puzzled as to why it would have been altered to its specs for this RAD officer. Again I have not seen the jacket as of yet and am only going by pictures. I am not sure I like it enough to buy it but we will see. It certainly is period made which is a plus. Not shown in wear anywhere concerns me a bit. Again I appreciate your knowledge and lens on it. More to come when I can have in hand and take more pictures.
    Last edited by Rossi; 09-20-2016 at 02:53 PM.

Quote by Rossi View Post
    What do you guys think in regards to this RAD Officer Tunic? Feel pretty good about it but thought I would post to see what you all thought. I believe the blue (sanitätsblau) collar tab backing and shoulder board piping is for officer rank of "Oberstfeldmeister.”
    I can't add anything to what has been said above about the tunic. As for the insignia:

Cornflower blue [kornblumenblau] was indeed the branch color for the medical service of the RAD (same as in the armed forces).

Rank is equivalent to Oberstfeldmeister (pay group AD 7), but in the medical branch, the designation for this rank was Arbeitsfeldarzt.

The sleeve insignia is for Abteilung 5/265. Gruppe 265 was headquartered at Göppingen; I don't where where its 5th Abteilung was located, though.

As for the "BULAG" mark: This is the abbreviation for the Bayerische Uniformlieferungs-AG. Based in Auerbach in the Upper Palatinate, the company was established ca. 1934 and went out of business in 1986.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I can't add anything to what has been said above about the tunic. As for the insignia:

Cornflower blue [kornblumenblau] was indeed the branch color for the medical service of the RAD (same as in the armed forces).

Rank is equivalent to Oberstfeldmeister (pay group AD 7), but in the medical branch, the designation for this rank was Arbeitsfeldarzt.

The sleeve insignia is for Abteilung 5/265. Gruppe 265 was headquartered at Göppingen; I don't where where its 5th Abteilung was located, though. Based in Auerbach in the Upper Palatinate, the company was founded in 1934 and went out of business in 1986.

As for the "BULAG" mark: This is the abbreviation for the Bayerische Uniformlieferungs-AG.
    RAD-Abt. 5/265 was from Straß

Straß
    89278 Nersingen
    Germany
    "Per Ardua"

Quote by paulp4180 View Post
    RAD-Abt. 5/265 was from Straß

Straß
    89278 Nersingen
    Germany
    Thanks for the addition!

By the way, just to avoid confusion: In the quote from my post as it appears in the above post by paulp4180, one sentence (the one about the location of the Bulag company) is still in the wrong place, as I had inadvertently added it to the paragraph about the RAD-Abteilung rather than at the end of the text. I have since fixed that error in my original post.

?

Once again you guys are very helpful in the research here. Thanks much! I will post more pictures of tunic later today and see if Wim comes up with anything further as I know he had something else he was looking at. Maybe this guy was a wee little officer medical man.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    I don't where where its 5th Abteilung was located, though.
    Abteilung 5/265: was at one moment located at Strass, west from Ingolstadt.
    I had not seen the answer from "paulp"!

No results found. We have not found any specific regulations or notes about the
    waist jacket as from post 1. The "Verordnungsblatt" does not give any clue!

It is known that skiing tunics were changed into another cut, but what came out
    of it, is not known. Sorry! In later war anyway the collar was not brown, but had
    the regular color for the tunic.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast