Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??

Article about: I have been restoring a Kmf.b Panzer throat microphone set ( thread is forthcoming ) and in doing so needed some missing parts. In a job lot came this microphone but for the life of me I can

Default Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??

I have been restoring a Kmf.b Panzer throat microphone set ( thread is forthcoming ) and in doing so needed some missing parts. In a job lot came this microphone but for the life of me I cannot find one the same.

Was this one Luftwaffe? ...... any ideas on model numbers?

The mics are stamped '44' but other than that there are no other distinguishing markings. Any experts out there.......

Help....
    Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??   Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??  

Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??   Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??  

" I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Throat Microphone (Kehlkopfmikrofon) but from which arm ....Luftwaffe??
    P
    Many

I believe these are likely Luftwaffe Dan, they do not resemble the two pair that I have. I will take some photos tomorrow and post them here.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks Ralph!
    Unless the '44' dated microphones were replaced, I guess that means these are late war?
    Last edited by Danmark; 05-27-2015 at 06:40 AM. Reason: can't spell!!!

Sorry Dan,
    It was a busy day today, I will do as I said hopefully tomorrow.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hi Dan,
    Here is my complete set. If you were a tank commander, I believe your throat mikes would have a three prong plug.
    Ralph.

Thanks Ralph - a very nice set!. I found this information on line ...

The Kmf.a with the simple 2-prong plug only had an “on-off” switching function. Early tanks employed the Kmf.a for all crew, but after the introduction of an intercom amplifier in 1941/42, the commander and radio operator, who both required more complex switching options to access external radio traffic, got the Kmf.b whereas the rest of the crew stayed with the simpler Kmf.a.

That said, yours have the side button but not the 3 pin plug - what does the aluminium tag say they are??

I still would like to know what my first shown ones were ........ ( if ANYONE knows??? )

Cheers, Dan