Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Transitional Tunic?

Article about: by spandau The tunics did not necessarily have to have the piping along the front mine had has its removed, very skilfully I may say. The only thing I would add is on the rear of the tunic w

MAP
    ?

Default Transitional Tunic?

I have this really salty Wehrmacht Lieutenant Tunic. Its a 8 button custom tailored tunic. Lots of wear and repairs, worn out sleeves and a button that fell off (but I have it)

Would love some expert input

1) Does anyone know the maker? Couldn't find anything on my own. It appears to be Rudolf Tomrick from Lotzen
    2) There are quite a few award loops.
    a) right pocket there is a single pair of loops. What medal would go here? German Cross or Spanish Cross? Are there others?
    b) Left pocket there are 3 sets of loops as well as a hole for what appears to be an EK1. What I don't understand is what would go on the two loops above and below the hole as ther is hardly any room? EK Spange?
    3) Is this an early transitional tunic? I'm no expert which is why I'm asking here, but is likely given it's apparent early manufacture that this soldier could have been in the Condor Legion?

Any help is appreciated.

Michael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Transitional Tunic?   Transitional Tunic?  

Transitional Tunic?   Transitional Tunic?  

Transitional Tunic?  
    Last edited by MAP; 05-30-2015 at 07:36 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Transitional Tunic?
    P
    Many

Hi Michael, nice tunic.

A possible candidate for the award loop on the right pocket could be a Turkish Iron Half Moon or "Gallipoli Star" if he was a WW1 Veteran.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi , that's a very nice tunic , well done. Here is an image of the type of awards that the officer may have worn although there are many different possible combinations. Leon.
    Attached Images Attached Images Transitional Tunic? 

Hi

looks like the 1927/1928 pattern tunic for reichswehr. they had eight buttons and this cut of manufacture, they were introduced as a walking out uniform and it may have originally had piping along the front.

they were used by all ranks right up into the 1930's and beyond.

cheers

Tony

having had another look at the pictures I would say it has had some re-tailoring and modifications to make it more pre 1936 in style.

I have a similar one for pioneer officer that has had its collar and insignia "up graded" to the new style !

hope this helps

here is my tunic

Transitional Tunic?

MAP
    ?

Quote by spandau View Post
    having had another look at the pictures I would say it has had some re-tailoring and modifications to make it more pre 1936 in style.

I have a similar one for pioneer officer that has had its collar and insignia "up graded" to the new style !

hope this helps
    Thanks Tony. First I had a typo. Sorry. It is an 8 button, not 9. Agree it looks like the 27/28 pattern for reichwehr. Will look closer but I don't think this ever had piping, or the tailoring was done very well to remove it.

Besides the collar/insignia (which I agree were "up-grades") are there other mod's that I may be missing that were changed.

I like the fact that this one is a bit salty. Always nice to have a "been there" in the collection.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi , that's a very nice tunic , well done. Here is an image of the type of awards that the officer may have worn although there are many different possible combinations. Leon.
    Thanks Leon. The unique thing about these loops (some are broken) are that they are too close (IMO) hole to fit a medal above and below if he was also wearing a screwback EK1.

Maybe he originally had screw back EK1 and replaced with a pin version after he was awarded another medal?

Who really knows. Just thought it was interesting and if anyone has seen this.

Thanks again.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The tunics did not necessarily have to have the piping along the front mine had has its removed, very skilfully I may say.

The only thing I would add is on the rear of the tunic would have been two buttons to support the belt, same as waffenrocks have and the Imperial tunics before them. Yours appears to be either missing them or had them removed, only going on the picture you have shown...

Nice tunic to have in your collection.

cheers

Tony

Real nice tunic! timothy

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast